Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #1185
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamppa86
Yeah so it seems. Does not matter even if I change the setting in the main menu. It does matter for the pro stick still! If I change that setting it takes effect with the stick.

So are the only options to start a new MyCareer or just wait for the next patch and hope it fixes that? I can't fix it myself?
Yeah you can't do it in the main menu

You either have to start a new one with user timing and not real % or wait and hope the patch comes out soon...and that it fixes that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #1186
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsgot86
You got got to become elite like winning MVP or a championship or make the all star team!! it's like last yr! Then you can go make your shoe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I made the all star game. So that's awesome. I will make a shoe when I get home and see where it takes me.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #1187
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Yeah you can't do it in the main menu

You either have to start a new one with user timing and not real % or wait and hope the patch comes out soon...and that it fixes that

Has there been any info when the patch should be coming out? There were some comments in the Lob Mob video from people who also have their MyCareer's stuck because of this so it seems to be a common problem and hopefully acknowledged By Operation Sports/2K...
Old 12-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #1188
MVP

OVR: 24

I just made my guy and got drafted while PSN is down. I'm probably going to have to remake him right? I got VC though when I got drafted so I may not have to remake him.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #1189
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Made a 7'1 center about to see what's wrong with these 7 footers and rebounding you guys are talking about
Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1190
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

My center is 4 for 4 in the 1st quarter vs Dallas.. 8 points.. down 22-19.. got 1 whole rebound.. and I get 'you gotta be smarter out there with your shot selection'.. they were all cutting layups underneath the rim before this.. fire the coach!

I still swear that EVERY 'successful box out' I get is a swished shot.. not one is ever missed that I can go rebound.

Somehow, up 49-42 at the half .. I still sit most of the 3rd quarter and 76ers are up 67-50 now.. my 16 points in 11 minutes of 1st half playing time.. somehow managed to get 4 more boards in the 2nd quarter.. so up to 5 after the first half..

I don't see anyone mentioning it.. but I miss the metric stats page.. actually used that a lot to compare my player to the league.. especially stuff like % of missed shots boarded and usage stats..% of either shot or turnover when handling the ball

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-09-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1191
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
My center is 4 for 4 in the 1st quarter vs Dallas.. 8 points.. down 22-19.. got 1 whole rebound.. and I get 'you gotta be smarter out there with your shot selection'.. they were all cutting layups underneath the rim before this.. fire the coach!

I still swear that EVERY 'successful box out' I get is a swished shot.. not one is ever missed that I can go rebound
I feel you on that. Made a Athletic PF and I would box out every shot, be in position and get 2-4 boards a game.

I swear that the AI knows whether each shot is going in or not. You see them crashing the boards hard on every miss, and slacking/getting boxed out on every make. It's ridiculous that my 6'3 shooting guard is averaging 5+ boards a game and can get 15-20 if I really go for it while my 6'11 PF couldn't get upwards of 5 boards even when that's what I put most my effort towards. Had to delete that mycareer out of frustration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #1192
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Just did the Showcase 15 points 13 rebounds no problems at all and im on superstar sim with the 7'1 center no sig's or stat upgrades

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »