Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #1313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
That is interesting. Have you ever changed your MyPlayer's appearance since starting that one career? Ever saved/exited out of a game?
As far as appearance goes, the most I have changed is trying out different hairstyles/tattoos. On another note, all the freaking tattoos suck! What happened to large tattoos that can almost be a full sleeve? And why do the solid black tattoos look like some henna fake tattoo sh*t that was painted on?

But last night, when I booted up 2k14 on my PS4, it prompted me to re-create MyPlayer again. My player looked all weird and had a different name, different face and everything. I just basically re-created MyPlayer again, loaded up MyCareer and everything was okay after that.

I exclusively change MyPlayer's gear through MyCareer mode but sometimes when you change it, the changes don't take effect for some reason until your next next game (which is weird). I have found a work around with regards to that. Once I change MyPlayer's gear through MyCareer mode, I simply exit out of MyCareer to the main menu screen and load it up again. It works like a charm every time.

As far as saving and exiting goes. I believe I may have only done that twice ever. The first time, it glitched. I was having a monster game and then I had to leave to meet up a friend so I saved and exited. When I came back, the game started where I left off but I had 0 points, 0 rebs and 0 assists. I remember almost having a double-double before halftime. The second time I saved and exited, the glitch was fixed and everything was okay. I tend not to save and exit game unless necessary but sometimes things come up.

My region I guess is EST. (Toronto, Canada) and I am playing up to date, I have downloaded that latest patch that came out last week I think? I have not downloaded the updated rosters though as I generally only play MyCareer. Lastly, I have bought and spent VC. Probably $30 dollars worth. The reason I started this career 3-4 days after PS4 came out was because I initially started a MyCareer on the day of the release, but the Champs Store and MyCloset was not showing up in MyCareer yet, only way to buy stuff and change gears was to exit out of the mode and going into the Features section. Also, VC was not syncing for the first MyCareer, so I restarted and everything has been great ever since.

Last edited by patchwork; 12-11-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #1314
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canquain
I was able to unlocked the access code for those Limited Lebron 11s with Nike & 2K Sports basically you have to sign with Nike then achieve an overall of 90 or more then you get the access code in an email.
That's what I'm on now I'm on 90 overall & I'm waiting for this agent to come back to me telling me I got the endorsement just for me to choose which one nike or jordan. & I'm in my second year just waiting for this agent to tell me I got the deal. Any one have a clue? In 29 games in too
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #1315
Rookie

Thanks patchwork. There might be some clues as to keeping a file from becoming corrupt in there, such as the exiting and re-entering MyCareer after changing gear, and never using the main menu to change gear. Also good to know that MyPlayer appearance tweaks don't seem to be an issue - I have careers that won't load with gear on but I can still change my player's appearance.

The tattoos are awful. I miss the bigger one from CG too as it sort of resembled a sleeve when you used it in all three arm slots. I think they should just design a couple of sleeves and add to the game as very few players these days get random, tiny inks. Some lettering (no, not single letters) would be nice too.

Edit: patchwork, another question if I may - do you use knee/leg/calf sleeves?

Last edited by b0ck3n; 12-11-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1316
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I can't help myself, I keep bugging my saves out by changing my gear up! Too much of a gear nut not too... I just hope they get that sh!t working in an upcoming patch. On that note, is anyone able to visibly equip compression shorts or undershirts on their players?

Btw, I thought of something. On the PS4 the files back up on drive every time it saves (might start overwriting at a certain point), so if your save gets glitched you might wanna try deleting the last MyCareer save which will allow you to load from a previous, hopefully uncorrupted one.
On my new MyCareer id have no problems
Old 12-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #1317
Pro

OVR: 9

Does anyone know how I transfer My GM VC over to My Career? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1318
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks patchwork. There might be some clues as to keeping a file from becoming corrupt in there, such as the exiting and re-entering MyCareer after changing gear, and never using the main menu to change gear. Also good to know that MyPlayer appearance tweaks don't seem to be an issue - I have careers that won't load with gear on but I can still change my player's appearance.

The tattoos are awful. I miss the bigger one from CG too as it sort of resembled a sleeve when you used it in all three arm slots. I think they should just design a couple of sleeves and add to the game as very few players these days get random, tiny inks. Some lettering (no, not single letters) would be nice too.

Edit: patchwork, another question if I may - do you use knee/leg/calf sleeves?
Yes, I go full out with gear. Sleeves on every arm and leg, headband, etc. I've used the Adidas leg sleeves before that give you a boost on your vertical but ultimately have decided that it looks ugly and now, I just use the hex pad knee sleeve that extends halfway down your leg. I also interchange between black and white for home and away games.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #1319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
Yes, I go full out with gear. Sleeves on every arm and leg, headband, etc. I've used the Adidas leg sleeves before that give you a boost on your vertical but ultimately have decided that it looks ugly and now, I just use the hex pad knee sleeve that extends halfway down your leg. I also interchange between black and white for home and away games.
Thanks man! I'll start fresh again today and hope that by just using the in mode dressing room I'll avoid any crashes.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1320
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
As far as appearance goes, the most I have changed is trying out different hairstyles/tattoos. On another note, all the freaking tattoos suck! What happened to large tattoos that can almost be a full sleeve? And why do the solid black tattoos look like some henna fake tattoo sh*t that was painted on?

But last night, when I booted up 2k14 on my PS4, it prompted me to re-create MyPlayer again. My player looked all weird and had a different name, different face and everything. I just basically re-created MyPlayer again, loaded up MyCareer and everything was okay after that.

I exclusively change MyPlayer's gear through MyCareer mode but sometimes when you change it, the changes don't take effect for some reason until your next next game (which is weird). I have found a work around with regards to that. Once I change MyPlayer's gear through MyCareer mode, I simply exit out of MyCareer to the main menu screen and load it up again. It works like a charm every time.

As far as saving and exiting goes. I believe I may have only done that twice ever. The first time, it glitched. I was having a monster game and then I had to leave to meet up a friend so I saved and exited. When I came back, the game started where I left off but I had 0 points, 0 rebs and 0 assists. I remember almost having a double-double before halftime. The second time I saved and exited, the glitch was fixed and everything was okay. I tend not to save and exit game unless necessary but sometimes things come up.

My region I guess is EST. (Toronto, Canada) and I am playing up to date, I have downloaded that latest patch that came out last week I think? I have not downloaded the updated rosters though as I generally only play MyCareer. Lastly, I have bought and spent VC. Probably $30 dollars worth. The reason I started this career 3-4 days after PS4 came out was because I initially started a MyCareer on the day of the release, but the Champs Store and MyCloset was not showing up in MyCareer yet, only way to buy stuff and change gears was to exit out of the mode and going into the Features section. Also, VC was not syncing for the first MyCareer, so I restarted and everything has been great ever since.
Hey patchwork is there anyway to save your MyCareer on a flash drive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »