Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #129
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Why are people complaining about not starting yet. This is just like the real NBA, you gotta work hard to start, you don't just get it after having a few good games in the season. This is one of the only new features about my career I actually like. But I hate how CPU opponent sticks like glue on defense, and how your teammate ai still kinda sucks.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #130
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
Why are people complaining about not starting yet. This is just like the real NBA, you gotta work hard to start, you don't just get it after having a few good games in the season. This is one of the only new features about my career I actually like. But I hate how CPU opponent sticks like glue on defense, and how your teammate ai still kinda sucks.
This isn't actually true. There are plenty of rookies that start. Most of the high draft picks are expected to start ASAP. So while a lot of rookies have to earn their time many (depending on need, and talent) end up starting early on if not right out of the gates.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-18-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC

I understand what you are saying, but in reality a rookie that is leading the entire league in some category(whether scoring, assists, blocks,etc....) is going to get at least one start after 25 games on a sub-500 team.

And the AI always seems to screw up when I'm going for an assist. Laughed my *** off at Earl Watson air balling a runner.

Last edited by bcatch1; 11-18-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #132
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Sounds like people are having a lot of trouble, hopefully all this stuff is figured out soon

I thought I was just missing something. So currently there is no ability to just take your player in MyCareer and go to the gym to work on your moves/shots? I know they throw in the mandatory team practices some times, but that's not what I'm looking for if I just want to practice with my player solo.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #133
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

question: I would like to restart myCareer.....i was picked by the SUNs (did this Nov. 15 when i got this game and PS4). But the roster is not updated....Gortat was still in.

How do you use a downloaded roster to be used in MyCareer? Or D/L rosters are only used in MyGM?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #134
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I dominated Jackson with my 6'10" PF to the tune of 17/21/2 with 9 blocks and went 15th to the Bucks... HOW!?

A+ grade btw.
I played like garbage and went 6th to the Pelicans...LMAO!!!

I had like 10 & 6 in the showcase. I am a complete bum so far. I'm like 65 OVR after 10 games but somehow I've worked my way to 6th man. My numbers are like 7 & 5. I simply do not get touches on offense and when I do the only way I'm scoring is by layup or free throws. My rookie is just so low rated everywhere it's hard to do anything. I made one jumper at the free throw line and jumped out of my chair with excitement.

I still can't even dunk as a 6'10 PF

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #135
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
question: I would like to restart myCareer.....i was picked by the SUNs (did this Nov. 15 when i got this game and PS4). But the roster is not updated....Gortat was still in.

How do you use a downloaded roster to be used in MyCareer? Or D/L rosters are only used in MyGM?

Thanks.
Yeah, Im curious about this too. Is this like current gen where you download or edit a roster and if its your active roster at the moment then it loads onto my career? It should work similarly right? Whether you just recently edited the roster or downloaded one or edited the roster and uploaded it or redownloaded it. Basically, has anyone figured out whats the deal with custom rosters and my career?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I think the reason I'm still stuck as the sixth-man despite being the highest scorer on my team and the best FG percentage/3PT percentage in the league is that I keep failing the "take the game over" dynamic challenge.

My coach keeps wanting me to score 10 points in a row in the fourth quarter of games.

This challenge makes no sense, because it punishes you if you get double teamed and pass the ball to a wide open teammate for an assist.

Apparently the coach thinks it's better to keep hogging the ball through double teams instead of finding the wide open man.

My team will go on to win these games, and I will still put up at least 15 points and 5 assists almost every night, but he still chews me after the game for not hogging the ball and scoring 10 straight myself.

Some of these in-game challenges are just really poorly designed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »