Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Question about running plays. I'm a SG. I don't see any clues to what play the PG is running if I don't have the ball. I'm sort of just running around out there making picks and hoping to get the ball. I hate to call for it because sometimes it will say bad pass call etc. Any tips?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 5

Couple Questions:

1) I can be in the middle of covering a guy when out of nowhere he is no longer my coverage assignment and I lose rating because my guy was allowed to score?? am I doing something wrong?

2) The game doesn't seem to want to let me dunk a put back instead forces me to stand there, maybe again I'm doing it wrong.

3) I know this one is stats related but cant find any place to fix the problem. I'm a C and I find that other big men are able to seemingly jump over and over again while I can jump maybe once or twice and end up losing out on the rebounds.

4) I get these goals that require me to outscore my counter part or score 10 in the quarter and I would have no problem with this except the AI refuses to give me the damn ball lol. I cant call for a pass because it says bad call for pass. Is there a way to help this or is it more of a chemistry / skill related problem that fixes itself?

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 11-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #139
Rookie

Created a 5'11 180 pound point guard named Justin Niles. Went for 18/10 in the rookie challenge thing before having interviews with the Bobcats, Kings & Magic. I told the Bobcats that I thought Kemba and myself could compliment each other. The personality test thing I said that I wanted to win or something like that as well. The Kings said they would take me if available. The bobcats took me 7th I believe with Ellis being taken right before me and of course me having a cow as I shut him down most of the challenge. I'm now on the bobcats, which I'm honestly excited to be on because I think I could set up to be one of their greatest players since they are a fairly new franchise. I'm excited to think of setting all their career records and game records and hoping the game will acknowledge them. Hopefully I don't take my talents elsewhere when free agency comes around lol. Anyways so far we are a surprising 8-1 and I am currently averaging 15.5/8.2/2.1. Still not starting for them though.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #140
Rookie

How do the endorsement deals work on this?? Hope I don't still have to pay for some foams if I'm endorsed by nike!! Bum *** 2k brand shoes, lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 3

anybody know what position / Player Type is funnest in MyCareer? Tried Center for the first time and got bored after one game, Had a PG for years and tired of it. What about SF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #142
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

anyone could practice their player in MyCareer???
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
anyone could practice their player in MyCareer???
I was trying to find a way to do the same. The game will automatically put you in team practice sessions between games, it's 5 or 6 minutes, but it's a team scrimmage. I suppose you can work on some things within this context because you are not graded for mistakes, but I would've liked the ability to take your player and just go to a gym to work on moves/shots.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #144
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfcub
I would've liked the ability to take your player and just go to a gym to work on moves/shots.
this is what i want to see.

I really like the NG MyCareer but somehow hating it too because they remove this practice part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »