Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #1521
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I'd like to ask you if you have completed most of the "goals" that your coach asked you? Cause there's no way why you cant be playing as a starter. I remember the before reaching the AS, I was a starter and playing ridiculously with 41/qtr.

No..you can only sim on your 2nd season.
If I don't get a Nike contract by the end of my rookie year, if I sim the season will I eventually get the contract or do I have to play it myself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #1522
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Been really busy the last few days and didn't get a chance to play.. sort of like the 'Park' stuff .. like a drop-in game for NHL 14.. but dang 2K's server is sloooooow I can sit there 10 minutes and all the courts still say 0-0 scores.. and worse is once you 'got next' and join a court is there REALLY no way to get off of it when people start disconnecting and you can't start the pick up game?

Playing park just to get a bit different look than the career of course.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #1523
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

First game in about 5 days.. coach gives me the score 8 or more points and shoot 60%.. nearly impossible for THIS game since I have cold ball handling AND cold shooting before the game starts.. team down 17 after first quarter.. down 22 midway through 2nd when I get back in.. they have 25 points with 6 minute left in first half.. this is.. .. umm fun?

By the way 2K .. if you get fouled you shouldn't get a 'lose ball' punishment on your grade.. but I do every time I back someone down and am fouled

Ended up down by 27 at the half..63 to 36.. this is b.s. my 14 points on 4 of 9 shooting.. leads the team.. James Anderson has 5 points. I still can't grab a rebound.. but I'm getting used to that garbage since I'm actually seeing it all over the net where big guys are being out-rebounded handily by smaller guys.

The team has 4 assists .. in the first half while Orlando has 16, and 3 guys in double figures.. Magic are 4-10 to by 6-9 in league standings by the way so you'd think it would be even or sort of close

Down 19 after 3.. I know the 76ers are nearly the WORST team in the NBA in "real life" but THEY even average over 100 in the NBA even if they give up 110 a game. I may end up just deleting this Center and making a new one long as I don't get drafted to 76ers again. I think the game WANTS Noel to be the star since it still has him starting over me after 14 games

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-16-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #1524
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

33 points 63% shooting and I get the b.s. speech from coach about not meeting his goals.. and cutting my minutes .. which doesn't actually happen because it's exactly 27 OR 28 minutes EVERY game as 6th man.

After 14 games, averaging all of 22.6 minutes, 18.7 ppg 5 boards 1.9 blocks .. almost 1 assist since team chemistry is STILL down at 65%. Shooting almost 60%..

Last 3 games 33 pts 28 pts 24 pts. This makes it even more of a joke, with Noel scoring 0, 6 and 11 in those same games with 21, 25 and 27 minutes played. His minutes go down so some scrub at the end of the bench gets that time to "teach the rookie (me) a lesson" I guess?

Old 12-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #1525
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Next game is yet another scripted load of garbage.. up 25-22 after 1 vs New Orleans, it's now 45-32 Pelicans with 3:42 left in the half when I get in the game again. I had 7 points in my 4 minutes of first quarter play and now have to try and work their lead down to 5

Turns out the 76ers TEAM only scored 7 points in the 2nd quarter of this one.. scored 11 in the 3rd quarter with 2 minutes left.. it was only 3 points for the first 6 minutes of the quarter.. most of them ME scoring.. team is down 79-45 in the third to New Orleans! Not a single fast break point.. and ZERO second chance points.. yet they have 12 offensive rebounds.. that math doesn't compute.

The team didn't even get to 51 points until the 4th quarter!

Lost the game to New Orleans 97-69.. and 69 ONLY because all of a sudden Wroten (who for some stupid reason played 24 minutes and scored 13 points, and HE is hurt with an overall of 55!) and Anderson (palyed 23 minutes and scored 17.. wtf??) hit 4 3's late ..the first time EITHER of them put up numbers even sort of similar to this actual season. Evan Turner is nowhere near what he actually does in the NBA to his 2k14 'self' other than turnovers. Michael Carter-Williams is broken also.. scoring 5 PPG and shooting barely 35%. By the way.. Wroten is a 0 minute 'prospect' on my team rotation and still played 24 minutes, Anderson is a 9 minute prospect.

I get the coach telling me how great my game has been lately and I'm getting more minutes, the game after getting chewed out with 33 points and 63% shooting.. that's obviously wrong cause I'm not going to start anytime soon in Next Gen.

The only good thing to come out of the game was with my 76ers shooting like they were drunk I got all of 10 rebounds and hit the social media challenge from Austin Rivers.

Team is down to 84 PPG now...gives up about 90.. always the worst stat in the 2K franchise because a user team NEVER gets to the free throw line enough.. the 2nd least made free throws is the Bucks at 346.. my 76ers have only shot 377 total, making all of 233. My center by the way has 2/3's of the free throw attempts but only shoots 60% since the game makes him shoot that bad... I know they suck at all shooting in real life but this isn't even close to realistic anymore

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-16-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #1526
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sigh

If I'm playing on HOF, my team should also be playing more or less on par with the opponent. Last game we lost 140-105, and everyone on my team was making the stupidest decisions. The opponent shot 67% and 55% from 3. I tried to take over and had 64 points on 88% shooting, but couldn't do anything.

While I was on the floor, the other team would ALMOST always make it, and if they didn't, they'd get the offensive rebound and make the layup. All blocks go straight to them.

Also, I HATE how when I try and layup and miss, I'm stuck in an animation and can't go back up for the rebound fast enough.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #1527
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJames
Sigh

If I'm playing on HOF, my team should also be playing more or less on par with the opponent. Last game we lost 140-105, and everyone on my team was making the stupidest decisions. The opponent shot 67% and 55% from 3. I tried to take over and had 64 points on 88% shooting, but couldn't do anything.

While I was on the floor, the other team would ALMOST always make it, and if they didn't, they'd get the offensive rebound and make the layup. All blocks go straight to them.

Also, I HATE how when I try and layup and miss, I'm stuck in an animation and can't go back up for the rebound fast enough.
Even in all-star.. every block I make either goes out of bounds or the guy whose shot I blocked, is the guy I'm guarding..he gets his own offensive rebound and put back bucket so I get docked for that after the block.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #1528
Rookie

OVR: 0

Guys, just stop playing on HOF. HOF has been f^cked for years, there's so much cheese it's absolutely unbearable. All this "scripted" talk is clogging up the thread, it's just cheese and if you play on HOF you're asking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Has anybody been drafted or been able to get on a team they wanted? Wondering if by choosing your favorite team in the beginning of My Career when your agents ask your favorite team if the game keeps you from going to or makes it really hard for you to get on said team.
I'm wondering this too. When I first encountered this question I was ecstatic, 'cause I figured as long as you perform well enough in the showcase to be drafted at your favourite team's spot or above, you'll go to that team. No dice. Most likely it affects your chosen team's interest in you, but trades are still very hit and miss so I don't think it helps much. And given how bugged out this game is, it might even be glitched and actually prevents you from going to that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »