Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #1537
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemorrow36
Can you not do the dunk contest your first 2 years?? I have been invited and still havent been able to try it out. I know it is supposed to be on the game because there is a trophy for it. Has anyone been able to appear in the dunk contest?
It won't let me play either. Tried getting answers from 2k. None.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1538
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

One last thing on the garbage Ellis scenario.. his 28 minutes 42 points and 12 boards.. the most he's scored in the 2K game is 12 and hadn't put up more than 9 shots in a game before shooting 18 of 24 in the game vs my team.. 24 shots is more than his 5 previous games combined.. with his D+ ball handling, he's able to do 360's and drives from the 3-point line? Only in the scripted game.. he ball-handles like a PG! In November games he averaged 4.9 points and 3 rebounds and shot 40%.. there really is no way to beat him head to head in this script unless you're a ball handling PG who ball hogs is there? I've seen final bosses in 'first person shooters' that made more sense
Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1539
Rookie

OVR: 6

Bob from maintenance is a liar, there is no way he can have a birthday every other week
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1540
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeebe2
Bob from maintenance is a liar, there is no way he can have a birthday every other week
We don't question Bob. We just accept that he has about 80 birthdays
Old 12-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #1541
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

press conference question starts out "you were able to get some extra minutes while your team was being blown out" Umm.. no I played 6 minutes LESS than normal so 2k could run a scenario where I'm supposed to pull the crappy 76ers team from 14 down in the 4th quarter.. where's THAT answer at press conference? I scored 28 and shot 66% and am told I didn't show the coach anything.. so stupid.. coach is 'a little disappointed'.. umm whatever .. lead the team in scoring 10 straight games, rookie of the month..and you still get dumped on

Agent convo telling me 'you might not want to play for this team forever'.. I'm not sure I'd want to play for them another game the way this is going. Nice 5 game losing streak where only one game wasn't 10 or more point loss, and 3 of them are 20, nearly 30 point losses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #1542
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Asked the GM for more minutes after a 38 point 11 board game.. since I'm sick of being the sixth man .. broke the 5 game losing streak and the social media is begging for me to be in the starting lineup

20th in the league in scoring (20.2 ppg now.) 3rd in free throws attempted in the league while the team is still last overall in attempts. Unlike the 360 game, the NBA isn't playing the 'Hack Howard' game, as I've shot 50 more than him. Got a popup screen somewhere along the way that said my PER (player efficiency rating) was over 30.. and showed Wilt Chamberlain as a 31.4 or something career PER.. I miss being able to see Metrics in 'Next Gen' unless I've just missed where they are available
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #1543
Rookie

Made it to the all star game, still no sign of a shoe deal.

#2 NBA 2K14 Commentator

http://www.youtube.com/user/dCoopSon

Check out my channel!

Old 12-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #1544
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

The mode glitched on me, hooray! I'm in a select group.

I made a 6'4" Athletic PG and got drafted by the Kings. Moved up to the 6th man in a fairly short time and was having a blast.

However, now whenever I get subbed in, I'm in for the entire game and so are my teammates who are in with me. Sometimes I get subbed in at a SG and have to play the entire game there unless I force whoever the PG is to foul out.

Game mode is ruined for me so far. I'd start over, but I really, really don't want to have to see all the cut scenes again and there's no guarantee that it'll fix the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »