Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #9
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Sticking with Hasan Larson, my 6'10 245lbs All-Around defensive minded PF... seems like according to the info & video that's been released so far, this doesn't appear to be 'big man' friendly... SMH. 2K hates big men.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

After having my experience with all positions in CGs 2K14, I'm deciding to go with all around sg. I only like to score a ton as a 2 or 3 because that's tradition & all other positions to me should at least get 10-20 ppg. I love playing team ball too, so I don't have to score all the time (or as they say "hero ball") because I'd rather come through in the clutch or in garbage minutes. I love defending too & I really like how they're stepping up for NG on foot planting & sliding, that has been a major need. So all in all, that position in particular, is great overall. I want to be a sf but in the CG I can't get lockdown defender nor my blocking higher than 75. It sucks but I don't mind playing the 2 because having to go up stars like Wade & Kobe is awesome IMO.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #11
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn. I started a PG MyCareer. BLOWN AWAY by the beginning, I really hope the story driven content continues throughout your career and isn't just front-loaded.

My Rookie Showcase performance wasn't that great, but I kept Jackson Ellis in check for most of the game and finished with 12 points/8 assists/4 rebs. Not a bad line, but I shot pretty poorly and felt myself forcing the issue trying to outdo Ellis. Which was pretty cool to feel that pressure to one up your counterpart while trying to play within a team concept. I'm digging the built in rivalry and hoping the story evolves throughout the mode.

For someone who spent very little time in the MyCareer mode last gen, this all seems very promising from the outset.

Edit: I got that pink suit for the Draft as well. STYLIN'! Haha.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

Last edited by skow05; 11-15-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I got home at 12:15 AM need to set things up and also the PSN. By the time this game was loaded to HDD, it was pass 2 am! Only played SA vs Heat while the game was being downloaded. Today after lunch....I'll start MyCareer....excited...like a little boy getting his first train set on early Christmas morning!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I got home at 12:15 AM need to set things up and also the PSN. By the time this game was loaded to HDD, it was pass 2 am! Only played SA vs Heat while the game was being downloaded. Today after lunch....I'll start MyCareer....excited...like a little boy getting his first train set on early Christmas morning!
You should know that in some ways, it still feels like old mycareer. cpu is still sorta cheesy, and your teammates still make bad decisions, just not so bad that you bang your head against the wall making you wonder why did they do that. your teammates are still bad defenders, and the first few games just feel like a part of the story arc, almost like playing a level in halo or something. But after those first few games, things go back to feeling like old mycareer. My uncle let me play early this morning when he got back from gamestop, so while he was doing stuff, he let me start a mycareer. The cutscenes are incredibly corny, and it makes your myplayer no longer feel like you going on the journey of an nba career, so much as it does feel like playing the campaign of any other rpg. But once you get past the corny time consuming cutscenes, the actually gameplay itself is fun. I can't see me making several mycareers this year do to the fact that the new story arc has taken the originality out of mycareer(plus having to go through all those cutscenes several times in several mycareers would get annoying). But the mycareer I will make will be fun to play.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

6 minute quarters, I hope changing the settings outside the mode changes everything in the mode because I didn't see a minutes choice in the options menu.

Ellis is a fool that will talk smack no matter what beatdowns I dole out to him. Easy to tell.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

I dominated Jackson with my 6'10" PF to the tune of 17/21/2 with 9 blocks and went 15th to the Bucks... HOW!?

A+ grade btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Banned

I was going to do multiple MyCAREERs. My usual PG career and a C, but seeing all these cut scenes, I can see it becoming pretty repetitive. I think I'll just stick with the PG by itself this year. It's annoying because this year you can have multiple MyPlayers. At least that's what I heard. Sadly, I'll have to wait until Christmas for a PS4, but it'll be worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »