Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #1593
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgray317
Do you actually call for the ball? It sounds like you're looking for a legit basketball simulation and maybe not asserting yourself. My roommate played with a power forward and would demand the ball at the top of the key to get the offense going, then get down in the post and get the ball back. Just a suggestion?
Yes, I call for the ball.. team chemistry because the 76ers team doesn't win.. hasn't gotten above 65% .. so I just get a 'bad call for pass' every time I'm posted up.. instead they run to the side..pass to me, and my guy runs to the 3 point line to catch it. Late in that game vs. Ellis, after there was no way to catch him, they passed it over and over to get my 20+ points but couldn't catch his 44 or 46 or whatever it was
Old 12-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1594
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboston93
Is it me or does the cpu react to blocked shots and balls that are knocked loose quicker then my team does?
of course.. a blocked shot is an offensive rebound and put back probably 80% of the time.. actually saw Evan Turner catch one of my blocks yesterday for a defensive board.. but it's so rare
Old 12-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #1595
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I just entered the game for 76ers vs. Denver Nuggets with 7:30 left in the first quarter.. the score is 4-3 .. really?

Nerlens Noel FINALLY got hurt with a sprained wrist .. 1-2 weeks worth.. I better be starting the NEXT game.

2nd game in a row the coach has called an offense to run through my Center.. so NOW they're passing when I post up.. 22 first half points on 10 of 14 shooting.. BUT.. when Ty Lawson switches down and has to guard me.. they WON'T pass.. an extreme mismatch they won't work?

Screwed in ANOTHER game.. down 4 after 3.. I sit for 4 minutes..now down 11. I cannot rebound to save my life in this one.. my center WON'T jump ..and when he does it's after it's already rebounded by the Denver. 2 defensive boards and 1 offensive in the game, but Noel, who's down to a 60 overall while injured out-rebounds me when we're both on the court. Cant' shoot in 2nd half.. Mozgov for Denver all of a sudden is a shot blocker like Mutombo.. averages .4 per game.. has blocked 5 of MY shots in second half. It seems like now, every opponent who guards me.. is a guy who was getting 12 minutes per game before, now plays double or even triple those minutes against me and has the game of their life like Ellis did. Mozgov now ALSO has 4 steals.. every time I post up he jumps in front of the pass.... the guy averages 1/3 of a steal per game.. come on 2K!

Down 16 with 2 minutes left.. typical pathetic game in this Career with 76ers.. if it wasn't for my 'bench points' as 6th man we'd have NONE.. outrebounded by 18 total in the.. 11 to 4 on the offensive end. The leading rebounder has 5.. 3 of us have 5 because it won't let me board in this one for anything, even 5'9 Nate Robinson has an offensive rebound and a blocked shot against me! I did find out that the game won't give me a 2nd technical foul for getting mad at it.. at least it hasn't yet.. tried to get ejected when Nuggets started to run away with it by hitting 3 after 3.. my team isn't even TRYING to get back in the game. Team has shot 2 3's the entire 2nd half..

76ers have 12 blocks in the game.. RIchardson has 5 against Lawson and Robinson.. thoughall but 2 of the total blocks were offensive rebounds for Denver, blocked right into a guy for an open shot.. is 2K serious?

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-17-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #1596
Pro

OVR: 2

Anyone selling their code? PM me.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #1597
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OKAY.. this seriously is a pathetic JOKE.. once again I've really "picked up my play recently" and coach "plans to get me out there more".. with Noel hurt, Spencer Hawes is now the starter at Center.. 10 minutes per game.. 3 ppg and 2 boards per game and he's the starter.. WHAT exactly do you have to do to start a game in Next Gen?

I am now the 10th leading scorer in the league at 21.1 PPG, with the best shooting % of anyone over 12 PPG (Noah of course) and usually play exactly on 28 minutes.. NEVER more.. a number of times less, or far less.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1598
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
OKAY.. this seriously is a pathetic JOKE.. once again I've really "picked up my play recently" and coach "plans to get me out there more".. with Noel hurt, Spencer Hawes is now the starter at Center.. 10 minutes per game.. 3 ppg and 2 boards per game and he's the starter.. WHAT exactly do you have to do to start a game in Next Gen?

I am now the 10th leading scorer in the league at 21.1 PPG, with the best shooting % of anyone over 12 PPG (Noah of course) and usually play exactly on 28 minutes.. NEVER more.. a number of times less, or far less.
Same thing is happening to me right now. 28 minutes on the nose. Every game. Just be happy your coach is still using a rotation. Whenever I get subbed in as the 6th man I'm in for the remainder of the game with whoever is in when I check in. DeMarcus Cousins is on fumes by the 3rd Q.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1599
Rookie

OVR: 0

In a desperate attempt to fix my game I deleted my PF **** this god damn game because now he is gone and I spent 30 bucks on him and my game still does not work so 2k can go die
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #1600
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Next game is my 'ejection' game.. for sticking up for a teammate.. stupidest animation yet.. you go look at the other guy.. nothing physical and you're thrown out? Wasted what could have been better animation, having him actually DO something. At least it got my teammate chemistry up to 76% from 64% where it's been stuck for most of the career after I said NO to wearing the clown nose for interviews. Worst thing is the team actually beat the Clippers in this one I didn't get to play.

So much for my 1 game suspension also.. I'm playing in the next game.. unless it just skips over it without any more mention after GM says you're suspended a game

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-17-2013 at 05:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »