Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #1665
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I got the 9000 vc and got my dunk up, finally 81 overall, dunking at 85 but my guy still does a finger roll in a wide open fast break.
You need to have a dunk package equipped before your player can actually dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #1666
Rookie

OVR: 2

Somebody PLEASE HELP ME! I am playing MyCareer and I swear to you the Computer will miss 3 shots the whole half. The stats say they are shooting 70% but thats because of the game simming while im on the bench. My defense personally shuts my guy down so he doesnt really shoot alot but every shot the computer shoots is cash money and thats with a contest.
I noticed also that my team wont play good defense in the paint unless I go down there to stop something and then all of a sudden they wanna block shots like they dont want me getting defensive recognition or something. My teams defense will not stay on their assignments either. They double and triple any drive "attempt" leaving open shots almost EVERY #***ing possession. Im tired of this s***.

Hall Of Fame
76ers
91ovr def sf
I grinded on a Brickhouse build for most of the night. I used the bronze Hot Start and bronze Worm badges. The Box was Hall Of Fame so I decided to use HOF Backdown Punisher and Pogo Stick. As a Volume Shooter I went with Gold Slithery, Relentless Finisher and Gold Dream Shake.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1667
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone been able to equip Jordan brand shoes?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #1668
Just started!

OVR: 0

I sympathise with the big man rebounding problems. My player is 7 foot 2 and has maxed out offensive and defensive rebounding stats and maxed vertical (only 55 though). I have purchased Tenacious Rebounder also.

I have played 40 games and only just completed my first 10 rebound game. I typically average 5-6 a game. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to grab a rebound. They do seem to be scripted to fall on the opposite side of where I am standing, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do (box out, stand further back from the rim, jump early/jump late) I struggle mightily.

I have played 2K for years and know how to rebound but this year it seems far to hard for a big man. I am going to try making a 6 foot 11 Center and see if that makes difference at all...
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #1669
Banned

It seems like the cpu seems to know if a shot will be made or missed. Whenever a guy misses the shot, the CPU swarms the basket and whenever a shot is made, Im in good position and cpu is nowhere near the basket.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #1670
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Somebody PLEASE HELP ME! I am playing MyCareer and I swear to you the Computer will miss 3 shots the whole half. The stats say they are shooting 70% but thats because of the game simming while im on the bench. My defense personally shuts my guy down so he doesnt really shoot alot but every shot the computer shoots is cash money and thats with a contest.
I noticed also that my team wont play good defense in the paint unless I go down there to stop something and then all of a sudden they wanna block shots like they dont want me getting defensive recognition or something. My teams defense will not stay on their assignments either. They double and triple any drive "attempt" leaving open shots almost EVERY #***ing possession. Im tired of this s***.

Hall Of Fame
76ers
91ovr def sf
Theres a few issues. First of all, you're playing on hall of fame which is a complete cheesefest. If you're not playing on sim then the shooting percentages are ridiculous. Second of all, you're playing on the 76ers, one of the worst teams in the league. They dont have any reliable shooters, no guys capable of creating their own shot and no post presence. If you have a losing record with them, then you're not doing anything wrong. Thats to be expected. The GMs warn you about the whole rebuilding thing and this is why.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #1671
Banned

OVR: 1

So with this new patch coming up will it fix & address the nike id customize shoes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #1672
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi415
Any idea why I didn't receive a Lebron code? I got signed to Nike about 9-10 games ago and just got my signature shoe deal and was invited to the innovation kitchen. Created my shoe and was expecting the message pop up, but nothing happened...
Anyone have any idea about this? Or can someone with a code let me know the shoes aren't sold out yet.
Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »