Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #1737
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
anyone playing with the patch#3 (X1) and now being a starter, do you still play the whole 2nd half without being subbed?

There's been a few games where they played me straight through and also a game or two where I got a small rest at the end of the third quarter. Overall having the Gatorade performance pack is a must as of now.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #1738
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
anyone playing with the patch#3 (X1) and now being a starter, do you still play the whole 2nd half without being subbed?
The only game I played today it made me play the entire game, minus 47 seconds when I got subbed out at the end of the first Q and came back with 9:13 left in the second Q. Of course I got 75pts 18 assists 23 rebounds, but I'll be changing quarter length to 8 minutes if this keeps up. 1 hour games are ridiculous
Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #1739
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
There's been a few games where they played me straight through and also a game or two where I got a small rest at the end of the third quarter. Overall having the Gatorade performance pack is a must as of now.
What does that do? Increase stamina?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #1740
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
What does that do? Increase stamina?

Reduces depletion rate of stamina so you can play for longer without stat reduction from fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #1741
Rookie

Does anyone play key games only ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #1742
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthethrill
The only game I played today it made me play the entire game, minus 47 seconds when I got subbed out at the end of the first Q and came back with 9:13 left in the second Q. Of course I got 75pts 18 assists 23 rebounds, but I'll be changing quarter length to 8 minutes if this keeps up. 1 hour games are ridiculous
I noticed this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes and I was afraid it had been ignored. What a huge disappointment.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #1743
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Same thing on superstar. But the sims dont put behind by 14 as much as the HOF does. If my cpu teammates scored like the cpu opposition it would be a fair fight. I noticed that when your up 10 in the 4th with time dwindling and the game shifts into the script or that classic give the losing team ALL the unearned momentum mode, the cpu will strip tou exclusively no matter what. Teammates will shoot zero percent and IT WILL BE A NAILBITER, unless you partake in the finest swiss and cheddar CHEESES in all the land. If this patch doesn't fix this bs im done with MyCareer as it is way too frustrating.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
holy crap that's the same thing that happens with me. 4th qtr comes and I'm up above 10, my cpu teammates start literally giving hand off passes to the opposing team, which they turn into and one plays on the fast break. Meanwhile I cant score a wide open layup or dribble, nevermind pass. It is extremely frustrating. Why can't they just stop my shots and play d instead of that scripted cheating bs
Old 12-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #1744
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
One other thing you can do is use the Hardened badge. It seems to help.

On to my latest experience:

So I started a 2nd MyCareer (1st one crashes on load) and got drafted by the Cavs (right before the Bulls, who actually interviewed me, DAMMIT). Well they're terrible. Jarrett Jack is a friggin' ball hog and Kyrie doesn't play like the star he's supposed to be. Got sick of losing close ones cuz the posts can't play defense so I demanded a trade 1st chance I had.

Got traded to the Raptors and 1st game got blown out by 30 by the Bulls (who now have Oden and Ray Allen, ugh stupid trades). I'm like, "screw this" and demanded a trade again. Then the next 2 games we actually win and I have good games, so I change my mind.

Next game we play the Heat, and Lebron chats me up before the game out on the court and apologizes for the L he's about to lay on us. Crap. Once I get in the game we're down 11, and I couldn't throw a rock in the ocean if I was standing in a boat, but manage to get to the line 3 or 4 times in the 2nd and score 12 by halftime and we're only down 5.

2nd half we hang with them and it's neck and neck (I'm shooting much better and getting a few dimes and boards). Then the coach lays "score 10 straight" on me. I'm like hell this is never good, but I'm kinda hot so decide to go for it. I've got 6 or 7 straight with a little under 2 minutes in the game and we're tied, AND I GET SUBBED OUT FOR LIKE 45 SECONDS! WHAT THE HELL?! But I get back in and we're up 2 somehow, and the Heat are in foul mode and I seal it with 2 free throws and score 39 points, although I missed my dynamic goal because of that stupid sub at the end. BUT YEAH SUCK IT LEBRON! BOOM!

It was really awesome, though. The last few games I've actually been getting subbed out like I should for a breather and everything. Don't know why cuz I'm on PS4 and don't have patch 3 yet (even though it apparently doesn't fix much), but I'll take it. If 2k would just get all the glitches fixed this would be such a good game. I actually had the practice glitch where it crashes when you hard foul your teammate. After failing to get through it legit a few times I just stood on the side and let time run out. Things have been smooth since then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »