Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Ok, now I know that you have to be signed into PSN in order to get the fully-featured MyPlayer, so to speak. I had problems logging in/setting up an account during the first couple days. Things like quarter length, VC purchasing, the Champs Sports apparel store, etc, won't be available if you're not signed into PSN. So of course that means if you started an offline MyPlayer, he will stay that way; no way to make that character an online one. Tellingly, I had to start my career over.

Can anybody verify this? I started a career when the system came out and am now 25 games in and don't really want to restart. The main thing I care about is the quarter length.Can anybody verify this? I started a career when the system came out and am now 25 games in and don't really want to restart. The main thing I care about is the quarter length.

Still looking for some verification on this before I go any farther in the career.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #170
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsgot86
If you had a bad shooting game the star player will talk yo you after the game I miss two FTS and I had to shot 50 straight FTS is I miss 2 straight you start over... Then I had a bad shooting game then I had to make 20 straight shots from any way on the court!!
Yeah, I had to do the FT mini game one time. Haven't had the 20 jumpers thing, yet. But this is silly. In order for me to get into the gym I have to fail at something in a regular game? That's just stupid.

I can't fathom that this would be difficult for them to include. You already have the gym, the timing grades of your release. I mean that's all you really need. Give me an open gym, a ball, and your player. It can't be that hard.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #171
Rookie

Aroshi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Still looking for some verification on this before I go any farther in the career.
Yes, it's true. I have two careers, one is online and the other is offline. It's not a huge difference, you can't access the store from inside the career, have to change accessories in the features menu, and you can't use purchased VC on it. But other than that it's pretty much the same.
Actually useful to have for when 2k serves have issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #172
Rookie

Has anyone gotten a shoe endorsement deal yet? I want to know when our MyPlayers can actually start wearing some nice kicks instead of freaking 2k generic shoe garbage.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #173
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroshi
Yes, it's true. I have two careers, one is online and the other is offline. It's not a huge difference, you can't access the store from inside the career, have to change accessories in the features menu, and you can't use purchased VC on it. But other than that it's pretty much the same.
Actually useful to have for when 2k serves have issues.
My main thing is changing the time of quarters. Is it possible to do this with an offline one? It doesn't appear in the settings menu like it does for the online one...it's currently at 6 minute quarters and most games are finishing in the 60's & 70s which isn't realistic.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #174
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
Curious but does anyone know when the Personality Badges unlock?
when you do certain things in the right way. Like when a star player "test" you by asking you the ball and you pass it right away, fans react on it, they see that you're not a ball-hog. I cannot remember (Im away from my PS4 now) what else contribute to the fans positive reaction but after you reach certain level, the badges unlock. For example, because i did pass the ball right away (and another 1-2, cant remember what) now i have the Fan favorite badges.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have 4 different dunk packages equipped, yet my myplayer does the same dunk every time (on the rare occasion he actually dunks). Anyone else having this issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #176
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Has anyone landed a shoe endorsement yet? I'm still trying to crack the starting lineup, about 15 games in so far.

The lack of a shootaround/practice mode is killing me. And these preset faces are straight up wack. The only thing keeping me interested is the stellar gameplay and heightened visuals.

This mode appears to be a lot more bare than I originally thought.
You need to buy shoes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »