Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #1817
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesswhisper
Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.
I can confirm this. This happened to me, albeit unintentionally. When I started I told my agent I wanted to play for the kings. However I ended up playing for the 76ers when they drafted me. Needless to say, they're terrible and Evan Turner in particular sucks. So after he asked me to be his sidekick I was like wtf no and I asked the GM to trade him. Needless to say, my gm chemistry went all the way down to 1% and he traded me to the kings shortly thereafter. I was a good teammate up until that point and my team chemistry, local fans and everything was really high.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #1818
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesswhisper
Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.
Nice to know, but does it give you an option of which teams you want to go to or it just trades you to the team you mark as favorite?
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #1819
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
I can confirm this. This happened to me, albeit unintentionally. When I started I told my agent I wanted to play for the kings. However I ended up playing for the 76ers when they drafted me. Needless to say, they're terrible and Evan Turner in particular sucks. So after he asked me to be his sidekick I was like wtf no and I asked the GM to trade him. Needless to say, my gm chemistry went all the way down to 1% and he traded me to the kings shortly thereafter. I was a good teammate up until that point and my team chemistry, local fans and everything was really high.
So whichever team you pick as your favorite you will go to? I picked the knicks so I might try this.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #1820
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Nice to know, but does it give you an option of which teams you want to go to or it just trades you to the team you mark as favorite?
You have no option. The GM will trade you without warning.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #1821
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone signed with Jordan, and been able to wear Jordan shoes for free?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #1822
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Has anyone signed with Jordan, and been able to wear Jordan shoes for free?
I went with the big agent and he got me signed with Adidas. Every shoe was for free bought all of them. Second season he told me that my contract ran out and asked me who I wanted to go with Jordan Nike or Adidas and I went with Jordan. Also bought all of the shoes from Jordan, for free that is. I have a mad shoe game. lol.

PG - Kyrie Irving/John Wall/D. Lillard
SG - Kawhi Leonard/TBT Kevin Martin/D. Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Jimmy Butler
PF - Paul George/Lamarcus Aldridge/ROTY B.Griffin
C - Dwight Howard/Hassan Whiteside

Old 12-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #1823
Rookie

Did anyone already manage to get drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers? I've done like 8 tries and have been drafted mostly by Philadelphia and Detroit (which is total bull**** since I'm a center and they have Noel and Drummond for that position).

I get a conversation with the Blazers every time, and they always say they love me and want to draft me. I blow the other conversation on purpose. But I dropped lower ten tenth 5 times, but they just won't draft me. No idea what to do about this.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #1824
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimArkes
Did anyone already manage to get drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers? I've done like 8 tries and have been drafted mostly by Philadelphia and Detroit (which is total bull**** since I'm a center and they have Noel and Drummond for that position).

I get a conversation with the Blazers every time, and they always say they love me and want to draft me. I blow the other conversation on purpose. But I dropped lower ten tenth 5 times, but they just won't draft me. No idea what to do about this.
yes I did last night. in rookie showcase I had an "A" game and was interviewed by the Phoenix Suns (Who said they loved me) and the Pistons ( Who I didnt want to go to but I kept the responses fair)...Phoenix screwed me and Portland ended up drafting me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »