Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #1889
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Finally found what I've been missing most in Next Gen.. the Metric Stats page(s).. buried under headlines it showed up when saying my PER was #1 in the league.. but because I'm making post up layup after layup my PER is extra elevated at 39.7.. .. KD's is "only" 31.6 in second in that stat
Old 12-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #1890
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
Just rejected the super agent. I like the friend agent's character a lot and now he's wearing the same shirt as me! I don't like Adidas anyways.

With Melo out for the season, it's me vs KD for scoring champ.
Did nobody take the big agent? im making a new one..might do it but im not sure if the big agent actually ever talks with you after you leave your friend
Old 12-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #1891
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTMar
...just had the dynamic goal of bring your team back to within 5. Played the WHOLE 2nd half, we lost.
This seems to be a bug that's still present after the patch even though they said the bug was related to dynamic goals AND that they had fixed it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #1892
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Did nobody take the big agent? im making a new one..might do it but im not sure if the big agent actually ever talks with you after you leave your friend
I selected the big agent with my second career since the first one messed up for life, but I already hate him, he talks to you like you a POS, the only reason I chose him is to get the difference cut scenes than my first, I stay stick with the friend, loyalty is royalty
Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #1893
Rookie

OVR: 0

just rejected the big agent as well. Really want a shoe deal now but i want nike or jordan asap
Old 12-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #1894
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

Wish they didn't take out custom rosters for mycareer, I loved playing against mike and Scottie
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #1895
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
That's not true though.. I do box out, get successful box outs all the time and that never equates to getting a rebound.. the reaction from left trigger to the Y button doesn't seem to work well with big men and jumping to get the board.. and I'm not the only one with that issue, it's posted numerous times online. When the shot is a swish, which it is more often than not on a successful box out.. the ball is inbounded by my teammates, my guy JUMPS at the inbound play or even runs like he's trying to steal it sometimes. The mechanics and animation are off from 2k14 before next gen when I could box out and still get a board.. averaged 15 per game and didn't even have my rebounding skills in the 80's like they are for this one.

I actually start to think it's because it's the 76ers my Center plays on.. they're 200+ overall rebounds LESS than the next lowest team in the league after 28 games so even if I got 10 instead of 6-8 it would still be far less than what every other team has. I'm not giving up, have read people talk about it improving once you're a starter but it's hard to wait when you're scoring as many points as your starting 5 combined coming off the bench
There is definitely some problem, however the rebounding mechanics are little different coming to next gen. you have to move in the direction where the rebound is going and hit Y(xbox one) multiple times, that is what I do and I get around 10-14 for 28 minutes. I do agree its frustrating when you hit rebound button your guy will try and do a block also trying to steal your own team inbounding as if there is delay in the rebound button. DO NOT play for philly as a bigman, its as frustrating as it gets, I played there till I was a starter, couldnt take it anymore and made a new save, got in with the suns and gotta say its been fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #1896
Pro

OVR: 9

Is the game too easy now? Ever since the patch, my Sixers have won 6 in a row, after starting 15-31. Playing on hall of fame, while less frustrating, the game seems a tad too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »