Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #1913
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Difficulty doesn't matter, as far as I can tell. I usually play the showcase on casual rookie nowadays 'cause then I can just cruise to whatever statline I want.
Thanks! I'll aim for those type of stats next time and see how it goes.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #1914
Rookie

OVR: 0

With accessories on game day:
If I buy a power web arm sleeve and a tech fit padded short sleeve, will they overlap or will it prompt me to choose one between the two? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #1915
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainomac
With accessories on game day:
If I buy a power web arm sleeve and a tech fit padded short sleeve, will they overlap or will it prompt me to choose one between the two? Thanks!

They won't overlap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #1916
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
They won't overlap.

Thankfully I didn't buy both, thanks for your response!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #1917
Just started!

Hi. New to this so if it has already been asked im sorry.
Can anybody tell me where i can find a list of all the "Icons" that appear next to/over/under my player in MyCareer. (e.g, i got a orange "D"), then i got a blue "Snowflake") I know the snowflake means ive gone cold from missing alot...but there are so many more and i have no clue what they all mean. Also, when i shoot, i get a flash around the circle of my player..i assume this is when i should release the ball if im taking a shot...but some instructions would be helpfull.
I know you can equip things in upgrades like topdog and mindgames badges...but i dont think this is what i am talking about...if i am wrong please tell me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave
Old 12-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #1918
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStud
Hi. New to this so if it has already been asked im sorry.
Can anybody tell me where i can find a list of all the "Icons" that appear next to/over/under my player in MyCareer. (e.g, i got a orange "D"), then i got a blue "Snowflake") I know the snowflake means ive gone cold from missing alot...but there are so many more and i have no clue what they all mean. Also, when i shoot, i get a flash around the circle of my player..i assume this is when i should release the ball if im taking a shot...but some instructions would be helpfull.
I know you can equip things in upgrades like topdog and mindgames badges...but i dont think this is what i am talking about...if i am wrong please tell me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave
The colors show how well and consistent you've been doing something. Ice blue, ice cold, red means hot. For example, the D stands for defense. If you have it on red, your player will block, steal, play defense better. The 3 stands for three point ability, there's also a jumpshot icon, and a dunk icon.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #1919
Pro

On another note, I had to restart MyCareer from scratch.. I had no idea I was missing so many features due to a glitch. For some reason, myCareer didn't have VC coins as payment, just VC points.. Which are useless. Also, I never had access to a MyPlayer store outside of the features menu.. It wouldn't let me equip shoes and on top of that my Jordan endorsement never unlocked any free sneakers. I didn't want to, due to the fact my old save has me in the finals with the pistons.. At 12 min quarters.. Do you know how much time it took to get there? I'm sort of glad though.. I was averaging a ridiculous 65 a game in the playoffs.. It was honestly your only way to win. Teammates start throwing the ball away, missing easy layups, on some scripted crap.. Every fourth quarter. Like I'll have 25 points by the 4th.. Then I have to score 40 in one period to win by 2 points..

I'll tell you this much though, ever since restarting, my CPU teammates are much smarter! Idk if the patch actually went through.. But I can also make more shots, the CPU opposition actually misses some open shots.. Even though the blocks are still ridiculous.. No weak PGA should be swatting a strong centers shot to the nose bleed section.

I can't wait to upgrade my player.. Movement is so goofy in the beginning stages of your career. He's all over the place, doesn't stop on a dime, and misses open layups-sometimes missing the entire rim lol

I was actually drafted by the pistons (in my previous mycareer I went through 5 trades my rookie season) in the first round, I believe 7 or 8 overall. Ellis was drafted before me, and this time he's one inch taller and on a different team than my previous MC. I got an A+ in the rookie showcase, 35 points, 9 assists, 5 steals, 4 blocks, 4 rebounds.. And we beat them in OT. I shut Ellis down, he only dropped 12. I'm doing well with them though, much better than the frustrating Utah who don't shoot open shots, miss layups and get blown by 50 even when I sit the bench the entire game. I'll make it to the finals again, but this time hopefully with more realistic stats and some nice Js on my feet
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #1920
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
On another note, I had to restart MyCareer from scratch.. I had no idea I was missing so many features due to a glitch. For some reason, myCareer didn't have VC coins as payment, just VC points..
You must've started that career before downloading the 1st patch. I'm on the Pistons as a point guard and have been playing really well. Brandon Jennings went out for 6 weeks with an injury and they've put Billups and Bynum on the trade block - really like how that reflects my play (if indeed it does, might just be coincidence). Monroe is easily my favourite team mate, always beasting in the post, giving me easy assists. Long range shooting isn't as great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »