Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #1937
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Thats the beauty of it. It seems like the put this little loophole in the game which doesnt require you to even select the team. When you choose the player you dont get along with/teammate they should trade, thats the only thing you need to choose. THen the GM will come back and say, blah blah hard decision, blah blah you have been traded.

Which is great because then you get to leave the bum team we would be stuck on. Never ask for a trade until this scenario...

you could play out your year... win the title, then demade a trade. If your desired team is one of those that wants you AND its the team you chose, you could end up where you want in year two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesswhisper
Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Nice to know, but does it give you an option of which teams you want to go to or it just trades you to the team you mark as favorite?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #1938
Rookie

hoo boy!

Playing PG on the Suns is a blast! There are usually 2 or 3 decent 3-pt shooters on the floor with me at any given time, which makes for great driving and dishing!

I'm a Jazz fan also, so I like that our coach is Hornacek.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1939
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Assuming everyone does the NBA2K app to get our daily 2000 points or so (with game picks), but does anyone know the largest amount in the daily lottery?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #1940
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
Assuming everyone does the NBA2K app to get our daily 2000 points or so (with game picks), but does anyone know the largest amount in the daily lottery?
Largest I received was either 1500 or 1550, I don't exactly remember. & also the daily picks are 50vc a game if you guess correct. & on that note the lowest I received was 800vc
Old 12-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #1941
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Finally a starter.. it'll be the 34th game of the season for 76ers and my 32nd played after sitting the first two games of course.. 14-19 record currently.. scary that 14-19 is 1/2 game out of a playoff spot behind the Pistons. I guess it is like "real life" as the Celtics are 12-17 and currently the 8th seed while Toronto is 11-14 and 4th seed in the East and leading the Atlantic division. My Career standings have the Knicks leading the Atlantic and Toronto in last though.

Can hardly believe there's only 4 teams with a winning record in the East.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #1942
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Anybody have on court coach as a non pg? I'm a SF and am so tired of my team just standing around. Is it worth it? It would cost me like 13000 VC to get it.
Lebron James
Old 12-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #1943
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
On another note, I had to restart MyCareer from scratch.. I had no idea I was missing so many features due to a glitch. For some reason, myCareer didn't have VC coins as payment, just VC points.. Which are useless. Also, I never had access to a MyPlayer store outside of the features menu.. It wouldn't let me equip shoes and on top of that my Jordan endorsement never unlocked any free sneakers. I didn't want to, due to the fact my old save has me in the finals with the pistons.. At 12 min quarters.. Do you know how much time it took to get there? I'm sort of glad though.. I was averaging a ridiculous 65 a game in the playoffs.. It was honestly your only way to win. Teammates start throwing the ball away, missing easy layups, on some scripted crap.. Every fourth quarter. Like I'll have 25 points by the 4th.. Then I have to score 40 in one period to win by 2 points..

I'll tell you this much though, ever since restarting, my CPU teammates are much smarter! Idk if the patch actually went through.. But I can also make more shots, the CPU opposition actually misses some open shots.. Even though the blocks are still ridiculous.. No weak PGA should be swatting a strong centers shot to the nose bleed section.

I can't wait to upgrade my player.. Movement is so goofy in the beginning stages of your career. He's all over the place, doesn't stop on a dime, and misses open layups-sometimes missing the entire rim lol

I was actually drafted by the pistons (in my previous mycareer I went through 5 trades my rookie season) in the first round, I believe 7 or 8 overall. Ellis was drafted before me, and this time he's one inch taller and on a different team than my previous MC. I got an A+ in the rookie showcase, 35 points, 9 assists, 5 steals, 4 blocks, 4 rebounds.. And we beat them in OT. I shut Ellis down, he only dropped 12. I'm doing well with them though, much better than the frustrating Utah who don't shoot open shots, miss layups and get blown by 50 even when I sit the bench the entire game. I'll make it to the finals again, but this time hopefully with more realistic stats and some nice Js on my feet
How often do you get your VC payments? I just hit 10 games in..not sure if I have gotten anything other than the game VC. I started mine after the patch so I should be good I assume.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #1944
Rookie

OVR: 2

So what's this glitch to get traded to your favourite team by not getting along? Any truth to it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »