Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #1969
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmiamiheat
are there still cut scenes and all that in the 2nd season?

There are some unique ones but they are mainly recycled ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #1970
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemorrow36
Mine never did show Player of the Game highlights....on My Career...so its supposed to?
Was just wondering about this. Do some of you get post game Jordan PoG highlights? I never have. I'm starting to consider trading this in for the CG version. Just a lot of stuff missing/screwed up on NG. Why couldn't they have just given us the CG version with prettier graphics?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #1971
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up on this. VERY DISAPPOINTING. I dont think I will play that many seasons then. How about sponsors or any other caveats? Did you see anything different with your agent or the story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastkiller
I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****

THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #1972
Rookie

Great to hear that Sir Duke!!!!

Its a wrap!!! 100% fool proof!!

I cant take credit though. Im just glad my friend told me about his season. I was so desperate to get to the Knicks, I was willing to try it.

Glitch, not sure what more info you needed. Could you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
I can confirm this. This happened to me unintentionally around last week. I was on the 76ers, I was a good teammate and had great relationships with everyone. I was sick of Evan Turners BS after he asked me to be his sidekick and I was like f*** no you suck dude. So I asked the GM to trade him and my GM relationship dropped to 1% and my agent warned me before the next game I might be traded and be careful what I say to the media. I didnt want to be traded but I had no choice. The GM traded me to the Sacramento Kings for Ben Mclemore and some draft picks and I was an 82 overall. The Kings were the team of choice I picked before the draft because I didnt want to be drafted by a terrible team. Once I read that this happened to someone else, I decided to test it out, got drafted by the Pelicans and played 6 min quarters, picked Heat, around January when I asked for Jrue Holiday to be traded I got traded to the Heat for Norris Cole. So now Im starting a new career, got drafted by the Cavs using this method to get traded to the Spurs.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #1973
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastkiller
I'm officially done with this game..

93 OVR PG, 6'5 All Star Simulation

Just finished my 4th year, coming off my first championship with the Pacers after a grueling 7 game Finals against the TrailBlazers, Finals MVP, really looking forward to free agency, wanted to sign with the Kings b/c they're stacked and for some reason the Pacers have 12 guards and 3 forwards.

But guess what, ***SPOILER ALERT****

THERE IS NO FREE AGENCY!!!! I'm right back on the Pacers, when I go check my contract thinking at least I'm getting paid, wrong, apparently I don't even have a contract, I'm playing for FREE!!! But Jackson Ellis makes 12 mil a year for the Knicks. My only option now is to push for a trade, but of course when you are a good player, the receiving team will probably send all of its stars and draft picks for you, so I'm stuck in Indiana, and our team overall rating dipped 7 pts because the GM didn't resign any of the the good bench players. Thanks for dropping the ball on that one 2K.
I think you have a 2 option contract for some reason this time. After this season see if there is a free agency.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #1974
Rookie

I had turned him down and refused to wear the clown nose in 1 career, nothing major happened against me other than lowered team approval. But the national fan rating increased a little by me saying NO to wearing that dumb clown nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
In the stage wherein your teammate will ask you to be his sidekick, what will happen when you turned it down?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #1975
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainomac
Does anyone actually watch when you're on the bench as opposed to simulating to next appearance ? Just curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do sometime, hardly ever. I've noticed that this stops the game from putting me into a blowout situation(down 20 points), when we've had the huge lead(up 15 points) when I am subbed out

Last edited by MasterTMar; 12-24-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #1976
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemorrow36
I think you have a 2 option contract for some reason this time. After this season see if there is a free agency.
If so this has to be a glitch. Probably team optioned in perpetuity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »