Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #1977
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Has anyone playing PG been successfully traded to the Knicks?? I'm hoping to use the glitch to get sent there but I don't want them to send anyone good to the Bobcats for me.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #1978
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm enjoying the mode more than last year. The rpg style elements are cool, but are also too scripted. I wish there was more reaction to actual performance rather than scripted cut scenes.

For example, last night i get to play an entire 4th quarter in garbage time. Down 20. Coach tells me to show em what i got. I proceed to go ballistic, pouring in 22 points/4 assists/3 steals in the 4th quarter to pull my team to within 2, where a runner as time expires for the tie rims out. Afterwards my coach goes off on me for not stepping up and docks me 2 mpg in the next game.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #1979
Pro

This scripted bs is pissing me off. In the beginning stages of your career, I'm guessing 2K wants us to experience extreme struggle. I'm with the pistons right now, the same pistons team I made it to the finals with on my corrupted save file. These guys are completely bumming it up right now, there's no way around it. I try to start a streak and some kind of change will impact my game tremendously.

I'll either get moved from PG to SG where I can no longer create for my team. Once the opposing team is on a run, they make 100% of their threes, regardless of shooter or how much defense is played. Then the big men catch the ball at the top of the key and start dribbling and calling plays.. No matter how many times I spam the pass button he just won't pass it to me, resulting in a bad team grade at the same time.

The worse is when you skip to continue instead of sitting on the bench. Your team could be up big, all of a sudden they're down 14, the opposing teams ball, and they want you, a f-ing rookie in his 4th game, to bring the score back down to 5. Not only does the opposing team automatically score on the next possession, making it a 17 or 16 point lead, but your teammates turn off their brains for the rest of the game. They start directly passing it to the other team, almost looking intentional. And when they pass it to you, they throw it out of bounds. Rebounds magically fall out of their hands, even when they've already secured the ball. Looking at replays shows you how bugged out the scripting is. It literally goes out of its way and deliberately sabotages plays without any subtlety. The opposing team will grab every offensive rebound when the fake momentum is in their favor, making it much harder to get your team back into rhythm.

I understand it's just the beginning, but having played a whole season already, and attempting to avoid my prior mistakes, I now see that it's basically impossible.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1980
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemorrow36
I think you have a 2 option contract for some reason this time. After this season see if there is a free agency.
If you have a 2 option contract.... you should go to free agency in your 5th year. My contract for my rookie season was 2 years...and it's what it shows on my player card. There is another thread going about this very issue. I'm in my 4th year.... and it shows this being the final year where it actually shows a salary.... and does not show another team option. So the 2 year team options have already been picked up. You should be a free agent in your 5th season.... and if you are not....it's broken. In the other thread he advises his contract is now showing 0 dollars....as if it did nothing at the end of the initial contract. I know this isn't a game breaker for anyone else.... but I'm not interested in finding a "trade work around" to get to the team I want. It all impacts your fan base, gm relationship, and team chemistry. Unless someone here has had a different experience....guess I'll be heading back to the PS3 to play 2K.... I didn't have this issue there.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #1981
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
If you have a 2 option contract.... you should go to free agency in your 5th year. My contract for my rookie season was 2 years...and it's what it shows on my player card. There is another thread going about this very issue. I'm in my 4th year.... and it shows this being the final year where it actually shows a salary.... and does not show another team option. So the 2 year team options have already been picked up. You should be a free agent in your 5th season.... and if you are not....it's broken. In the other thread he advises his contract is now showing 0 dollars....as if it did nothing at the end of the initial contract. I know this isn't a game breaker for anyone else.... but I'm not interested in finding a "trade work around" to get to the team I want. It all impacts your fan base, gm relationship, and team chemistry. Unless someone here has had a different experience....guess I'll be heading back to the PS3 to play 2K.... I didn't have this issue there.
Not to mention.... if your my player is a star and built most or all of the way up....any team you go to gives up stars or the farm to get you when traded.

This same thing happened in my 2nd favorite game.....MLB the show. 3 years ago or so....when you made it to free agency you would have half a dozen offers to chose from other teams competing for you. In the last couple... you get 2 offers at best....and they generally aren't from the higher payroll market teams that it should be. So if you don't like either of the 1 or 2 offers and don't want to stay where you are.... you have to decline all offers and go to spring training and "tryout" for whoever you want to play for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #1982
Rookie

Spoiler alert during at the end of ur second season labron request to play with u now my question is .... is that at the end my contract

these_handz ... ps4
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #1983
Rookie

Yes I signed with jordan n ny created shoe is 7 grand wear . Which is weird because when I signed with them I got all the js for free

these_handz ... ps4
Old 12-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #1984
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Has anyone been able to get the Kia or Gatorade endorsements through your friend agent?

For Kia, I was told I had to win 6 of my next 10 games. I won 9 of 10 and nothing happened.

For Gatorade, I was told I had to score over my season average for 10 straight games. I did just that, and nothing happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »