Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #1985
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Ok then.. While adding to my 3 point attribute the game told 2k servers are down and my game went to the main menu. It then tried to make me created another myplayer.. With a randomized name and face. I've quit and launched again and still the same. On xbox one. Anyone else?

Edit: now it's working .. Lol

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 12-24-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #1986
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornille
Spoiler alert during at the end of ur second season labron request to play with u now my question is .... is that at the end my contract

these_handz ... ps4
LeBron asked me after my 1st year, after we swept Miami in the Finals. He's now on the Lakers with Kobe & J.Lin
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #1987
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Has anyone been able to get the Kia or Gatorade endorsements through your friend agent?

For Kia, I was told I had to win 6 of my next 10 games. I won 9 of 10 and nothing happened.

For Gatorade, I was told I had to score over my season average for 10 straight games. I did just that, and nothing happened.
I think Kia is broken, I've gotten it 3 times and won the required amount and nothing happened.

For Gatorade, you don't get a cutscene for completing it, just look in the Endorsements tab, you should have gotten some VC and a picture.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #1988
Rookie

So has ANYONE seen free agency in My Career or even the mode hinting at it?...Also is the Dunk contest on the My Career correctly now?....If not I think its time to attack the Ronnie 2k guys twitter because both of these (atleast to me) are major parts of this game.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #1989
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
This scripted bs is pissing me off. In the beginning stages of your career, I'm guessing 2K wants us to experience extreme struggle. I'm with the pistons right now, the same pistons team I made it to the finals with on my corrupted save file. These guys are completely bumming it up right now, there's no way around it. I try to start a streak and some kind of change will impact my game tremendously.

I'll either get moved from PG to SG where I can no longer create for my team. Once the opposing team is on a run, they make 100% of their threes, regardless of shooter or how much defense is played. Then the big men catch the ball at the top of the key and start dribbling and calling plays.. No matter how many times I spam the pass button he just won't pass it to me, resulting in a bad team grade at the same time.

The worse is when you skip to continue instead of sitting on the bench. Your team could be up big, all of a sudden they're down 14, the opposing teams ball, and they want you, a f-ing rookie in his 4th game, to bring the score back down to 5. Not only does the opposing team automatically score on the next possession, making it a 17 or 16 point lead, but your teammates turn off their brains for the rest of the game. They start directly passing it to the other team, almost looking intentional. And when they pass it to you, they throw it out of bounds. Rebounds magically fall out of their hands, even when they've already secured the ball. Looking at replays shows you how bugged out the scripting is. It literally goes out of its way and deliberately sabotages plays without any subtlety. The opposing team will grab every offensive rebound when the fake momentum is in their favor, making it much harder to get your team back into rhythm.

I understand it's just the beginning, but having played a whole season already, and attempting to avoid my prior mistakes, I now see that it's basically impossible.

Save up the 10,000 VC for the On Court Coach, its the only way you can start winning if you're not a PG....I'm a PG and still have it. There are certain players who are black holes and won't pass the ball once they get it, and that really the only way you can get the ball on a freelance cut/streak.

I've noticed that skipping past while you're subbed can really bite you sometimes.

If your team's up by 5 or more when you go out, about 70% they will increase the lead, but the other 30% they will lose it.

If your team's up by 4 or less, they typically will keep the lead but not increase it, give or take 2-4 pts.

The big one though is if you are losing when you go out, about 90% of the time they will be losing even more when you come back in. This killed me in the playoffs when we would only be down maybe 4 or 6 pts and I get back in and its a 10 to 14 pt lead, and they have the ball also.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #1990
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
If so this has to be a glitch. Probably team optioned in perpetuity.
Thats not a glitch. Thats how it is in real life, you have a two year team option for a rookie contract.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #1991
Rookie

Why does it seem like you can't be very athletic if you pick athletic center?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #1992
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Thats not a glitch. Thats how it is in real life, you have a two year team option for a rookie contract.
It is a glitch, I'm in year 5, should have been a free agent. I don't even have a contract now, the Pacers get my services for free.

I think I might play the year out to see if it fixes itself in year 6. It will actually be interesting this year, the last patch "healed" Carmelo, D-Will, Kyrie, Wade, and Aldridge of their 4 year injuries LOL. Pre patch it was like we had medical staffs from the 1950s where it takes 5 years to recover from a broken patella.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »