Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #2009
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So, I was on the suns and just generally tired of how the team is built now (about 80% different than real life) and asked for a trade. I knew from a previous save file that I go wherever the ai decides. Ended up getting traded to the Raptors during all star weekend.

It's cool that I still STARTED for the West all stars. I'm so glad they fixed that.

Now I just need to find motivation to finish out this season and not start over with the hope that trades were toned down. Did the ai fixes that Leftos mention transfer over to mycareer?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
Not to mention.... if your my player is a star and built most or all of the way up....any team you go to gives up stars or the farm to get you when traded.
I was the #2 rated player in the league and the raptors traded for me with a 1st round (lottery, possibly top 5) and a 2nd rnd pick. Not too bad for the raptors.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #2011
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
I was the #2 rated player in the league and the raptors traded for me with a 1st round (lottery, possibly top 5) and a 2nd rnd pick. Not too bad for the raptors.
If you're that good that first round shouldnt be anywhere close to a lottery pick, sounds like the Suns got ripped off lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #2012
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man... this scripted MyCareer crap is so annoying. I need to vent a minute.

So I'm a PF on the Bobcats. 77 overall. We're playign the Mavericks. It's ana way game. At Half Time, we are winning by 20 points. TWENTY EFFING POINTS!

Coach takes me out at half time. I don't get back into the game until 11:46 in the 4th quarter. And we're down by 13. The Mavs went on a 40-9 run in the 3rd quarter or something. Ok whatever, I play the best i can. I get rebounds. I get putbacks. I get my shots. I get us to within 5-6 points multiple times. the closest we ever got was to within 3. NOONE ON MY TEAM WILL SHOOT! My teammates are masters of pump-faking. That's all they do. If I'm in the play and I pass to them, they will pump fake, then run around a second and pass it. Even if I don't touch the ball, they wait as long as possible to do something dumb. We could have easily won the game if someone would have shot a damn 3 pointer.

At the end of the game, I had 23 points or so, 15 or so rebounds, (including about 6-7 offensive ones) 2 assists, 2 blocks, a steal... I was doing all I could. Naturally the reporter asks something dumb and i gave the most honest answer I could. (it was an embarrassing game or something.)

Afterwards, I'm called to coach's office, and he tells me he put me in the game to step up and i failed. I got pissed and told him it wasn't my fault. and if i had mroe minutes we'd win more. he said he's lowering my minutes because he was wrong about me.

ok so... we're winning by 20, he benches me for an entire quarter, and the pieces of trash on my team create a 33 point turnaround in the wrong direction. Then when we can't close the game out, it's my fault. You know coach? Kiss my power forward ***!

And to make matters worse? The very next game, against the 76's I play for a bit and am subbed out. When I get back in, I have a dynamic goal of "Thaddeus Young is taking you to school. score more points than him." I checked the stats. He had 12 points. Not a single one had been against me.

I just turned my damn PS4 off. This crap is infuriating. The story overall is interesting, but my god it doesn't make any damn sense sometimes. Maybe Coach can look over his "film" and realize me on the bench = a 40-9 quarter or whatever, then notice our craptastic record (losing by a lot lolololol) and put 2 and 2 together and discover that our team is complete crap and I'm the only one performing anywhere near decently.

end rant. Sorry guys. just had to get that off my chest.:\
Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #2013
Rookie

The rant is justified. I am really trying to like this game, but I just can't. We don't need scripted bull****. Just give us a Road to the Show type career mode, and call it a day.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #2014
Rookie

ccmetz2020's Arena

I just don't understand how the developers didn't spot all of the obvious glitches when they did their testing... if they actually ever did their testing. I mean how did they not realize that free agency doesn't work?

Favorite Teams:

NBA - Chicago Bulls

NCAA -
Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - St.Louis Cardinals

NFL - Green Bay Packers
Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #2015
Rookie

ccmetz2020's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GzGViper
The rant is justified. I am really trying to like this game, but I just can't. We don't need scripted bull****. Just give us a Road to the Show type career mode, and call it a day.
I actually like having a story to the mode but at least make it so it makes sense. If I'm top 5 pick, I shouldn't be coming off the bench, I should be starting from day one. If I'm a later round pick it might make more sense to start on the bench and then work my way into the rotation. Also, the "score 10 straight points" goals are just stupid. What if I'm a pass first pg or a defensive center? The goals need to be in line with your play style.

Favorite Teams:

NBA - Chicago Bulls

NCAA -
Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - St.Louis Cardinals

NFL - Green Bay Packers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #2016
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got drafted #15 in the 1st Round to the Utah Jazz.

At first I was frustrated with my teammates and ticked off because we sucked! I asked the GM for a trade and then after a couple of games, I decided to stay with the team. Then as the season goes by, I start getting more minutes and getting better. Fast forward to the end of my Rookie Season, we were in the NBA Playoffs!

I was the NBA Scoring Leader with 35.6 points a game. I played like a prime Michael Jordan my rookie year.

Round 1: We swept the Trailblazers

Round 2: We swept the Spurs

Western Conference Finals: We swept the Rockets

NBA Finals: We swept the Heat and are the 2013-2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

I'm glad I didn't continue with being traded. I stuck through it and stayed with the Jazz. Then we played a hard fought Season and cruised through the NBA Playoffs and became CHAMPS. All in my Rookie YEAR!

We finished the Regular Season with a 56-26 record. My teammates stepped up and I played my tail off!

As soon as Coach FINALLY let me start around 1/4th of the Season...I TOOK OVER THE NBA!

NO ONE could stop the A-TRAIN!

I'm in my 2nd Season and the GM asks me how things are going? My MyPlayer responds with "Everything is great, getting to know the city a lil bit..." etc.

Lol I've been on the team for a YEAR, why am I "still getting to know the city"? WE JUST WON THE TITLE!!! Shouldn't the GM be congratulating me?!?!

Last edited by ANT_P1989; 12-24-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Breakfast

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »