Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #2025
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I've just been offered to create my own signature shoes nearing the end of my first season on next gen ps4. The problem is that I didn't have an option to add an attribute boost to my shoes like you could on current gen. Is next gen missing this feature or does my game have a problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #2026
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
How can anybody play 4 seasons already..
I'm pretty sure there are some people who just sim games to get to Free Agency.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #2027
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
So, all of a sudden as a starter, rebounding.. at least for my FIRST start is much easier.. having a 45pt 16 board game vs Timberwolves and actually winning the game.. any time Pek and Kevin Love have 11 rebounds between the two of them should be a win.. they don't have Kevin Love very aggressive at all on offense though.. only taken 7 shots with a couple minutes left
I play on the wolves and whenever he gets the ball even if he is wide open he will not shoot the damn ball. It's ridiculous I can't get any assists. And Rubio is all the sudden one of the worst passers in league history. Terrible lol

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #2028
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Another question I have, what effect does height have? I remember in older versions of my player if you were taller you would have a lower cap with your player. In next gen, it seems that I can make a 6'11 centre or a 7'2 centre and it makes no difference to my potential ratings. This makes me think that having a 7'2 centre is much better than creating a 6'11 guy.

The only think I've noticed is that fool, Jackson Ellis, seems to match your size and position. So when I created my 6'11 guy then Ellis was a 6'11 centre, when I created a 7'2 guy he was a bigger 7'3 centre (which I don't really like, him being the biggest player in the NBA and all).
There is no difference with what height you pick like previous years. I actually believe its better to make a 6'10 or 6'11 center max....taller center jump slower this year. I've noticed in games I've played its centers like Nerlens Noel and Andre Drummond are the beasts. I even made a 7'2 center with the largest wingspan and only gotten half of the boards I did when I made a 6'10 center.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #2029
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
In the interview they mentioned movement between C and PF. But then I think about milsap and Elton Brand on the team too. Having me replace any of those guys seems silly to me. What I'm saying is that the hawks already have a strong established front court.

Although my oh her game has me on the t-wolves which also has a solid front court with love, pek and Derrick Williams still there.
Milsap can play the 3
Old 12-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #2030
Rookie

OVR: 4

So my center for the Hawks recently became a starter. Problem is Horford was moved to the bench playing 10-12 minutes a game while Millsap and Brand start at SF and PF respectively playing 30+ mpg.

WTF?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #2031
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imraged
So my center for the Hawks recently became a starter. Problem is Horford was moved to the bench playing 10-12 minutes a game while Millsap and Brand start at SF and PF respectively playing 30+ mpg.

WTF?
That's what I'm kind of afraid of. No matter though. In my version I'm going to continue rolling with my 6'11 C on the timber wolves and see how we go.

Maybe I'll request a trade to a team with a proper need at whenever I can make that action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #2032
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

im not sure whats going on but i keep getting drafted ahead of Ellis now when i do better in the showcase and the Kings took me....WHY? they got cousins already smh!! time to restart over

Last edited by RangersCruz; 12-25-2013 at 12:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »