Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #2057
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSCA
I've been putting way too many hours into this game but I have a feeling I will have to start a new one down the line. I'm like 82 OVR SG playing for the pistons currently first in the power rankings might make a PG if I start again
Me too. I'm at 93 overall on my SG and just got my shoe deal. It would SUUUUUUUUCK to start over but I'm sure I will eventually. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just get far enough in where it's all generated players anyway and won't care anymore. I don't think I've seen any superstars on different teams. Just guys like Taj, Heinrich, Jimmy Butler, Oden, Chalmers, etc.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #2058
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I'm on the Blazers and hate the rotation coach uses. Batum is my favorite player to pass to (he always spots up) but he only gets 12 minutes. He should get 30+ as starting SG. But I would never start over. Already used $10 worth of VC (free code) on my player. 93 OVR 6'10 250 athletic SF is a great type of player to use.
Lebron James
Old 12-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #2059
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
I'm on the Blazers and hate the rotation coach uses. Batum is my favorite player to pass to (he always spots up) but he only gets 12 minutes. He should get 30+ as starting SG. But I would never start over. Already used $10 worth of VC (free code) on my player. 93 OVR 6'10 250 athletic SF is a great type of player to use.
Why are you complaining about the rotation? Youre the one who took his spot. I dont see why Batum would start over Wesley Matthews.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #2060
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Me too. I'm at 93 overall on my SG and just got my shoe deal. It would SUUUUUUUUCK to start over but I'm sure I will eventually. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just get far enough in where it's all generated players anyway and won't care anymore. I don't think I've seen any superstars on different teams. Just guys like Taj, Heinrich, Jimmy Butler, Oden, Chalmers, etc.
I don't think you will have to start over, they know they would face a sh**storm if players had to start from scratch with all the VC wasted, that's why every patch so far has corrected save files. I am a programmer myself, I doubt they forgot to include free agency, probably have cutscenes and everything for it, seems like it isn't being triggered properly as an event. Might be a really simple fix on their side, most players haven't gotten that far along to tell them its broken....their QA and testing dept doesn't seem to be well staffed.

I'm in year 5, and Melo is in Orlando, Kobe is in Chicago, and DWade just went to Cleveland. But those created rookies get really good, they are not as highly rated as the superstars but have higher shot tendencies, meaning they don't hesitate to shoot. I've had a rookie on the 76ers kill me in the playoffs, and a 3 year guy on the TBlazers force me to Game 7 in the finals b/c he was avg 30 a game against us.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2061
MVP

MattUM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Why are you complaining about the rotation? Youre the one who took his spot. I dont see why Batum would start over Wesley Matthews.
Batum is about 4 or 5 OVR higher and is a better shooter. I just like Batum more than Matthews in the game. Courtney freaking Lee gets 22 minutes as 6th man - I'd be fine with Batum getting those minutes. I can easily move over to guard or PF to get Batum on the court more.

Another thing is that Batum got injured for 5 weeks. I actually took Victor Claver's starting spot (lol'd at those cutscenes) Batum has been back but his minutes have not been adjusted. He's the 4th best player on the team but gets the 7th most minutes.

If the game wasn't so scripted id walk over to coach's office and ask to give Batum more minutes. I know there was something like that in 2k13.
Lebron James

Last edited by MattUM; 12-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #2062
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

2nd matchup with Ellis..and it coincides with the 'sidekick' storyline .. with Evan Turner for my center.. probably lose by 30 to Detroit this time because of the dual scenarios
Old 12-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #2063
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastkiller
I don't think you will have to start over, they know they would face a sh**storm if players had to start from scratch with all the VC wasted, that's why every patch so far has corrected save files. I am a programmer myself, I doubt they forgot to include free agency, probably have cutscenes and everything for it, seems like it isn't being triggered properly as an event. Might be a really simple fix on their side, most players haven't gotten that far along to tell them its broken....their QA and testing dept doesn't seem to be well staffed.

I'm in year 5, and Melo is in Orlando, Kobe is in Chicago, and DWade just went to Cleveland. But those created rookies get really good, they are not as highly rated as the superstars but have higher shot tendencies, meaning they don't hesitate to shoot. I've had a rookie on the 76ers kill me in the playoffs, and a 3 year guy on the TBlazers force me to Game 7 in the finals b/c he was avg 30 a game against us.
their support staff or lack their of is horrible. I'm glad they update major stuff but there are other issues that are ruining the gameplay
Old 12-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #2064
Rookie

I have been playing as a SG on a second account and got drafted with the pistons doing really well but I think it's time to start a new player in my main account. I have accumulated just over 7k VC to get me started but do u guys think I should go PG or stay as a SG? I'm not really amazing at playing calls as I don't have any real basketball knowledge what do u guys think? Also is it safe to start a new career now before the patch because I don't wanna be starting again when a patch comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »