Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #2065
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This 2nd matchup with Ellis is at least more interesting than him going for 42 on me when he hadn't scored 5 in a game the first time the matchup happened. He's a 99 mid-range tendency as if he's a Boozer/Garnett/Malone combo, forcing me to play near the free throw line.. definitely affecting my rebounding THIS game. Unlike the last time, I managed to get Ellis fouled out with 8 minutes left in the 4th... last time it was with 2 minutes left in a blowout.. this time the game is tied

The 'sidekick' thing isn't working with Evan Turner.. his guy double teams me I pass out to him for the open shot, he passes to Jason Richardson instead of shooting. Love getting chewed out by Turner after the game when I passed to him and he passed off instead of shooting.. he got 6 assists but only took 4 shots.. what's the point of passing to him again?

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #2066
Pro

OVR: 0

Side note, idk if this is known.. But equipping the +2 three pointer boosting arm band on both arms effectively gives you +4. My rating is 86 in the attribute section, but when you go one screen to the right in the training boosts, (RT/R2) you see your actual rating based on what you have equipped at the moment, making mine 90 with the +4. I really hope this isn't a mistake on their end and patch it or something.

This actually makes buying those attribute boosts in pair, actually kind of worth it since you can surpass your cap with it and double up the boost.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #2067
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Can someone comment on this for me, whatever team you get drafted to say someone on the team already has the number you chose, do they just assign you another number, allow you to choose a number or does it just duplicate ?
Old 12-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #2068
Rookie

Quick question guys. I'm gonna start a new Career as a PG but does it matter that I can't call plays very well because I don't have much knowledge of the basketball game? Or shall I stck to SG?

Last edited by DarrenSCA; 12-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #2069
Rookie

Did anyone get drafted 2nd overall by the Magic?

Or is it even possible to get drafted 1st or 2nd or even 3rd on NBA 2K14 MyCareer on NextGen?

I played MyCareer on PS3 with the Orlando Magic as the 2nd pick so I want to play with them again on PS4, when I finished my first showcase on PS4 I got interviewed by the Pelicans, and told them I didn't want to play for them. I then get interviewed by the Magic and told them yes this is the team I want to play for, and the GM said we hope your still available when we make our pick, yet when the Draft came along I got drafted 5th by the Suns.

So I restarted MyCareer, did well in the showcase once again, and I was then interviewed by the Suns, simply told them I didn't want to play for them, then I was interviewed by the Magic and I told them yes I want to play for the Magic. But yet when the Draft came along I was drafted 4th by the Bobcats.

I don't want to play for the Suns or Bobcats, so is it possible to be a top-3 pick on MyCareer for next gen? And has anyone been a top 3 pick on NextGen?
Old 12-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #2070
Rookie

They let you keep the # you already chose, for example if you chose #0 and you get drafted by the Thunder then they let you keep that # but make Russell Westbrook change his #.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #2071
Rookie

Top 3 seems impossible.

If someone already wears your number on the team that drafts you their number's changed. Later, when traded, its your number that changes, and atm theres no possibility of changing that number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #2072
Rookie

Anyone gimme some insight on my previous question? Need some help quick so I can get started. Shall I play PG even tho I won't really know anything about playing calls it shall I go with SG?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »