Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #2089
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Try a PG for the Jazz nobody can shoot there..and 2 games only? are you on hof? wow
Yea, HOF. We're back on the winning track now though. Back to 1 game over .500 and on a 7 game win streak. Picking up the Dimer siq skill really helped my guys start hitting their shots from deep.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #2090
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskojo
I had that oppurtunity right before ASB, super agent meets with you like 3 times then you have to choose
Dang. Were u starting?
WARRIORS - STEPH CURRY #30

GIANTS - BUSTER POSEY #28

49ERS - PATRICK WILLIS #52

THUNDER - KEVIN DURANT #35

BRONCOS - PEYTON MANNING #18

Bay Area Sports Fan FOR LIFE!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #2091
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys !

I really care about my jersey number for many reasons... The fact is i just got traded (i asked for it, i was playing for the sixers and i am not with the Pacers, which is good) and my loved number 9 is gone.
I'm not wearing it with the Pacers.
Solomon Hill has it.

I'm wearing the awful number 2...

How can i get my number back ? Is there an option (i know the answer is "no") ? Does the idea of trying to kick Solomon Hill #9 out of the team will get me my number back ?

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #2092
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvesper
Hey guys !

I really care about my jersey number for many reasons... The fact is i just got traded (i asked for it, i was playing for the sixers and i am not with the Pacers, which is good) and my loved number 9 is gone.
Solomon Hill has it.

How can i get my number back ? Is there an option (i know the answer is "no") ? Does the idea of trying to kick Solomon Hill #9 out of the team will get me my number back ?

Thanks guys.
once your number is changed and you go to another team, even if your number is available you will either be your previously changed number or the next available number. It's a dumb flaw. I went from #3 to #17 then to #7
Old 12-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #2093
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvesper
Hey guys !

Solomon Hill has it.

Thanks guys.
You need to basically get traded to a team with a #2 like Kawhi Leonard or Kyrie Irving to get your number changed again.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #2094
Rookie

Is that trolling or... ?

I mean i know jersey numbers are some minor details, but still.
I'm struggling to enjoy the experience as much as i did with de previous 2k (13 and 11) and little ****s like that arent makin it very easier for me...
Old 12-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #2095
Pro

Wow this mode is crap. Seriously

I'm playing against the bulls, I get subbed in early for the first time.. coach said I'm going to get more minutes (for the 50th time and it's only like the 15th game of the season).

My team, the pistons, were up. I think the score was 12-4. They basically sub me once at the beginning of the 2nd then sub me back midway in the same quarter. So I finish good, we are up by 21, my team grade is A- along with 14 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 4 stl, 3 blk. 4/5 from 3.. Got my teammates involved, getting buckets on their own.. Momentum totally our way, right?

Wrong

Halftime comes, so I spam through the bs and press a to continue.. Only to not play the entire 3rd quarter but to be down by 11 (30-0 run in the 3rd or something?) at the beginning of the 4th. Coach hits me with a dynamic goal, show him what I got, take over and beat them. I said ok, I've done this before. My teammates have been doing great the while game, getting tremendous blocks, diving for lose balls, assisting me, staying on perimeter shooters, grabbing rebounds, you know.. playing basketball. They shouldn't let me down, right?

Wrong

As soon as I start dribbling, the ball gets stolen for turnover number one. They score with an and one alley oop over 3 defenders. He missed the free throw, I call for an outlet pass from Jennings, who's been passing great before this, and he throws it to the dumb girl eating pop corn in the 3rd row behind the commentators. This kind of nonsense went on, me going from a red hot shooting icon to a ice cold one. Drummond fouls out. Monroe fouls out. I have 5 fouls. Noah starts hitting consecutive 3s along with the rest of the bulls. And before you know there's 1 minute left and they're up by 20 points. So like a good sportsman I played it until the end so I could hear it from the coach, right?

Wrong

That's when I furiously say "Xbox, turn off" ... "yes", type this rant, and go to bed.

I'll retry them tomorrow. I have a weapon against scripted crap. Quitting and trying again. If I'm gonna lose, let it be legitimate, and earned. Not this crap

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 12-26-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #2096
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Wow this mode is crap. Seriously

I'm playing against the bulls, I get subbed in early for the first time.. coach said I'm going to get more minutes (for the 50th time and it's only like the 15th game of the season).

My team, the pistons, were up. I think the score was 12-4. They basically sub me once at the beginning of the 2nd then sub me back midway in the same quarter. So I finish good, we are up by 21, my team grade is A- along with 14 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 4 stl, 3 blk. 4/5 from 3.. Got my teammates involved, getting buckets on their own.. Momentum totally our way, right?

Wrong

Halftime comes, so I spam through the bs and press a to continue.. Only to not play the entire 3rd quarter but to be down by 11 (30-0 run in the 3rd or something?) at the beginning of the 4th. Coach hits me with a dynamic goal, show him what I got, take over and beat them. I said ok, I've done this before. My teammates have been doing great the while game, getting tremendous blocks, diving for lose balls, assisting me, staying on perimeter shooters, grabbing rebounds, you know.. playing basketball. They shouldn't let me down, right?

Wrong

As soon as I start dribbling, the ball gets stolen for turnover number one. They score with an and one alley oop over 3 defenders. He missed the free throw, I call for an outlet pass from Jennings, who's been passing great before this, and he throws it to the dumb girl eating pop corn in the 3rd row behind the commentators. This kind of nonsense went on, me going from a red hot shooting icon to a ice cold one. Drummond fouls out. Monroe fouls out. I have 5 fouls. Noah starts hitting consecutive 3s along with the rest of the bulls. And before you know there's 1 minute left and they're up by 20 points. So like a good sportsman I played it until the end so I could hear it from the coach, right?

Wrong

That's when I furiously say "Xbox, turn off" ... "yes", type this rant, and go to bed.

I'll retry them tomorrow. I have a weapon against scripted crap. Quitting and trying again. If I'm gonna lose, let it be legitimate, and earned. Not this crap
Lol thats crazy. Is this possibly a glitch? Ive played three different my careers so far with the 76ers, Pelicans and Cavs and this has yet to happen to me. With the Pelicans Ive been blown out in this scenario but with the 76ers we had a close loss and with the Cavs we blew out the Spurs and coach was impressed I took advantage of extra minutes. Idk, I keep hearing horror stories about how this scenario is scripted and this hasnt seemed that way to me yet so Im starting to think this might be a glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »