Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #2097
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Lol thats crazy. Is this possibly a glitch? Ive played three different my careers so far with the 76ers, Pelicans and Cavs and this has yet to happen to me. With the Pelicans Ive been blown out in this scenario but with the 76ers we had a close loss and with the Cavs we blew out the Spurs and coach was impressed I took advantage of extra minutes. Idk, I keep hearing horror stories about how this scenario is scripted and this hasnt seemed that way to me yet so Im starting to think this might be a glitch.
Not a glitch. It's happened to me and a lot of other people. The biggest problem I have with it is after it screws you to get you down by 10 or 20 in order to give you the "bring us back" dynamic goal, the sliders don't seem to normalize into a fair fight. You're teammates all of a sudden suck, and you can't buy a basket to save your life. If they'd at least make it a balanced so you've got a chance to go on a run with smart play it wouldn't be so bad. And the "score 10 straight points" goal has got to go. They should just make it a career accomplishment or something if you happen to do it. Not something you're forced to do.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #2098
Rookie

Hey guys,

Just finished my 1st year, took it to the ship and won it all! New to the 2k series, playing it on the XBONE, and had a few questions:

1) I heard that the attribute cap gets lifted after your rookie year. Just started my sophomore year and they're still there. Do they ever get lifted?

2) What's the best way to get to a team of your choosing? I read somewhere to test Free Agency, but also read earlier in this thread that people haven't entered FA. Is this true?

3) Is there a way to SIM any games?

4) Is there a way to adjust the sliders for MyCAREER?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #2099
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsimons
Hey guys,

Just finished my 1st year, took it to the ship and won it all! New to the 2k series, playing it on the XBONE, and had a few questions:

1) I heard that the attribute cap gets lifted after your rookie year. Just started my sophomore year and they're still there. Do they ever get lifted?

2) What's the best way to get to a team of your choosing? I read somewhere to test Free Agency, but also read earlier in this thread that people haven't entered FA. Is this true?

3) Is there a way to SIM any games?

4) Is there a way to adjust the sliders for MyCAREER?

Thanks
1) I've never heard that. I don't think so. They're part of the play type you select when you create your my career.

2) So far it seems that you need to demand the best player on your team be traded. Then you get traded to the team you told your agent you want to play for. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works 100% It's unclear so far if you get to try free agency in your 5th season. I haven't heard of anybody actually getting to it.

3) You can choose to skip to key games (or more? playoffs? entire season?) in year 2.

4) No, there are no sliders in MyCareer.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #2100
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Finished my first season 70-12 with the timberwolves .. Swept the blazers in the first round . UP 2-0 the Clippers in round 2

Finally got some defensive accolades in mycareer.. Never got any in the previous versions of the game. Shooting for DPOY next season..

MLB: New York Yankees
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #2101
Rookie

Up 3-1 in the conference semifinals against the bobcats and Jackson Ellis. Lost to them just then after being rather arrogant in the previous press conference. Not sure if this sparked the bobcats to play better but no excuses, hoping to close out next game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #2102
Pro

So I basically get 3 picks right but they said I was wrong on all.. What gives?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (458.7 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 12-26-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #2103
Rookie

Since I can't play 2K on my main account anymore (XOne) I had to create a new one. Got drafted by the Kings. After a game against the Grizzlies, i had to do this practice thing. But everytime I start it,the game freezes. Thats so frustrating, I don't want to start all over again. So has someone an solution for it?
And do I have to go with the big agent to get a deal with adidas? I want wear adidas, but I like the friend too.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #2104
Pro

OVR: 2

how can i ask for a trade ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »