Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #2161
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Nice to know, but does it give you an option of which teams you want to go to or it just trades you to the team you mark as favorite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesswhisper
Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.
When does the GM ask if you are ok....I'm about 4 games deep now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #2162
Rookie

Starting a new one. Going to play small forward or shooting guard. What types are the best?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #2163
Banned

This game is broken.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #2164
Banned

So I get into all-star weekend as a ROOKIE and I'm selected to participate in the 3 point shooting contest, the slam dunk contest, the rising stars game, and the all-star game

After dominating my rival in the rising stars game and winning the 3pt contest, I get to the all star game in MyCareer mode and the announcer says it's going to be tough since Kobe is on me.....right......

I cross him up so bad that I BREAK HIS ANKLE. Then I cross Parker over so bad that I strain his quad...

I ONLY put up 115 pts on 80% shooting with 11 reb, 11 assists, 10 steals, and a block....

Just your everyday quadruple double by a rookie PG in the all-star game....

I guess since I had 7 TO as a rookie in my first all-star game ever, you can argue that the game is somewhat realistic....

I didn't even get to the dunk contest. It skipped it all-together and now I'm playing in my first game after the all-star break. I guess they figured that after such a performance, it was too much for the all-star weekend and canceled the dunk contest.

This game is a joke.

>>
Old 12-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #2165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod
So I get into all-star weekend as a ROOKIE and I'm selected to participate in the 3 point shooting contest, the slam dunk contest, the rising stars game, and the all-star game

After dominating my rival in the rising stars game and winning the 3pt contest, I get to the all star game in MyCareer mode and the announcer says it's going to be tough since Kobe is on me.....right......

I cross him up so bad that I BREAK HIS ANKLE. Then I cross Parker over so bad that I strain his quad...

I ONLY put up 115 pts on 80% shooting with 11 reb, 11 assists, 10 steals, and a block....

Just your everyday quadruple double by a rookie PG in the all-star game....

I guess since I had 7 TO as a rookie in my first all-star game ever, you can argue that the game is somewhat realistic....

I didn't even get to the dunk contest. It skipped it all-together and now I'm playing in my first game after the all-star break. I guess they figured that after such a performance, it was too much for the all-star weekend and canceled the dunk contest.

This game is a joke.

>>
Get off Pro mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #2166
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

everyone plays differently I guess. I seem to be in the minority, as I limit all of my players attributes and skills as I want it to play as realistic as possible, which is why this mode is so maddening to me with all the lack of customization and sliders etc..
Old 12-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #2167
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsimons
Get off Pro mode.
I'm on all-star mode. Is this why the dunk contest didn't work even though I was selected? Or is the game just broken worse than I broke Kobe's ankle?
Old 12-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #2168
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod
I'm on all-star mode. Is this why the dunk contest didn't work even though I was selected? Or is the game just broken worse than I broke Kobe's ankle?
I dont think its possible to actually do the dunk contest in my career. Seems it skips it for everyone or at least thats what I've been reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »