Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #2217
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
You get to start, I think around the all star break. The person you're replacing will talk to you about it in the locker room.. Saying he's happy you stepped it up and whatnot.

And it's scripted, regardless how good you do or how many people with your position get injured.. The game wants you to experience a crappy rookie year.

My problem is that I have to unrealistically average 40 per game in order to win.. Some games I drop in the 60s. Up to the point Doris Burke chimes in saying "last game, he scored 62 points, as he usually does.." Lol wtf? The commentating gets so repetitive
Yeah I have the same problems, my team is so crappy, we have 3 centers on the bench but not a single SG. I'm also struggling on my assists, it's like they always miss if I pass them the ball, even if they're wide open. If someone else passes it to them however they score easily.

Anyways I'm strongly thinking about a trade, the Bobcats have no future, Jefferson can't hit a single contested shot under the rim, Henderson refuses to shoot from 3point or mid range, and players like Jeff Adrien can't do anything except standing in my way. Also Ben Gordon thinks he's a dribbler now and always tries to take it to the paint. The defense of my team is the worst, I'm leading in blocks and steals (as a PG), it's always like either the opponent gets the bucket or the free throws which is why I'm scoring 40-50 points and we still lose.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #2218
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
i had noticed that the arena sounds don't seem to work right. i'd assume it's bugged like most things in 2k14.

i'm also having a really annoying time trying to understand why they broke free throws. ever since the 2nd patch i've been unable to hit free throws perfectly, regardless of rating. every free throw is slight early with a b- grade. only if i hold it beyond the point of release will it show it as late. wth.

ive tried ray allen's, nash, anthony and a few others, it's all the same.
Try Andre Igoudala I usually get an A or A- every time

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #2219
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
My guys free throw is 91, I added the training boost which made it 99.. My guy was still shooting slightly early, A-, and to the side.. Like way off. I swear, instead of an actual momentum in the game, I think the hot team gets a +25 on all attributes, and the cold team gets -25. I play on the pistons, and when the other team has a run, they will NOT dunk the ball, give rebounds away when they've already grabbed them, and basically suck. I've had open lanes while cold and my guy decides to lay it up, and miss. Meanwhile my dunking is in the 80s. Same with my teammates put backs. They literally soar over the rim, both hands on the ball, with the ability to just slam it without landing. What do they do? They soar above the rim, land on the floor, and try to do a reverse layup toward the side where there's defense, they get blocked, and the other tram has a fast break. Where if my team gets a block, the person who gets block immediately gets it back, and scores. This game is broken. From lebron missing his headband to all the nonsense that goes on in MyCareer
Spot on. Especially the blocked shots part. So you get a block, the shooter instantly recovers it because your guy is unresponsive after said block, so then you get a negative grade for allowing an offensive rebound and allowing your man to score cuz he'll shoot while you're still stuck in your post block timeout. AND THEN on the other side if they block you they instantly grab the ball cuz guess what, your guy is stunned by the block for a moment and again unresponsive. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with this game.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #2220
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope13
Try Andre Igoudala I usually get an A or A- every time

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
i'll try that one, thank.

i just know i was getting excellent release and a+ grades before the patch on my first guy, which is what caused me to notice it.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #2221
Pro

I hit all the excellent B+ shots but I miss every single excellent A+ shot

Btw. I just got thrown out of the game while upgrading my player, the it wouldn't let me reload the save file so I restarted the game and I had to create a new player. When I did it the game was not able to find any network connection although the PS4 network test was fine. Anyone else had this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #2222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
I hit all the excellent B+ shots but I miss every single excellent A+ shot

Btw. I just got thrown out of the game while upgrading my player, the it wouldn't let me reload the save file so I restarted the game and I had to create a new player. When I did it the game was not able to find any network connection although the PS4 network test was fine. Anyone else had this problem?
I just had the exact same problem. I'm hoping when it connects to the servers I can get my OG player back. Otherwise I might just switch to Madden for a while.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #2223
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone have a list of what all the personality badges do?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #2224
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most_Dope
Does anyone have a list of what all the personality badges do?
if you hit triangle on that menu it'll tell you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »