Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #2265
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Yes, everyone who have purchased a skill (possibly accessories too) have gotten kicked out and cant get back in, basically for the past 24 hours.
Lol are you serious, man? I haven't been able to play since yesterday. Is there a work around? I don't want to corrupt this save too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #2266
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Lol are you serious, man? I haven't been able to play since yesterday. Is there a work around? I don't want to corrupt this save too!
Only workaround is creating a new account, but you still wont be able to access your old files obviously. Theyve known about this for days so hopefully itll be resolved soon.

Edit: going thru with creating a new myplayer wont hurt your old saves, itll simply revert when we get back online.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #2267
Rookie

You said

“Best way to play as a Knick or any other team!!! WORKS 100%

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

Ok I just tried it 3 times over the past couple of weeks and it works.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.”

So with that being said after they trade your highest rated teammate you can demand a trade to the team you want to play for? If so, when the option comes up on which team you want to play for you and it asks you to select up to 3 teams, you would just then choose the team you want to play for and not select multiple teams right?

Get back to me, I’d appreciate it.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #2268
Rookie

To Carelesswhisper

You said

Its crazy I know... but a buddy of mine tried it twice. You may see him in the park as a PG - Lance Tejada.

At the start, when your friend asks you what team you see yourself playing for... of course you say your desired team. Then later in your career (answer and do everything as a GREAT teammate up to this point). When the GM asks if you are ok.... you MUST SAY TRADE THE TEAMMATE. Make sure you pick the highest rated teammate.

thats it! I know its crazy but it works. I didnt believe it but its true. I made it on to the Knicks. It happens before the all star game or as early as Jan 22.”

So with that being said after they trade your highest rated teammate you can demand a trade to the team you want to play for? If so, when the option comes up on which team you want to play for you and it asks you to select up to 3 teams, you would just then choose the team you want to play for and not select multiple teams right?

Old 12-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #2269
Pro

OVR: 9

Just played the Bucks, starting to wonder if this game scripts literally every game. Bucks dropped 140 on my 76ers and shot 82% in the second half. We couldnt do anything on offense, seems like we were destined to lose.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #2270
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

I created MyPlayer on Christmas night. I chose a 6'3, 201-pound all-around SG, and I decided to play on Hall of Fame difficulty. I got to the Rookie Showcase, and then the mess began.

First off, my teammates wouldn't pass me the ball. I get that it's basically an exhibition game, but if there's nobody within five feet of me, I expect to get the ball. I felt compelled to shoot every time my teammates graced me with a pass. I ended up with seven points and ten assists, with a C+ grade. Next, we get to my biggest problem, the reason why I'm going to restart MyCareer on a lower difficulty. The user's team on Hall of Fame can't defend their way out of a paper bag. I'll admit it. I'm not good enough at 2K14 right now to defend all five players, which is the only way that Hall of Fame is going to work out. My teammates, both in the Rookie Showcase and in the regular season (I was drafted 17th by Atlanta) constantly leave shooters open or let people drive right past them for easy shots. And, even when the shots are contested, they go in 75% of the time. The only defense in this game is to block everything that goes up, which, ironically, is also way off. My 6'3 SG with a 25 block rating shouldn't be getting six blocks in the second or third game of his career.

A prime example: Thanks to 2K's scripting, Louis Williams got hurt in the fourth quarter against the Lakers, allowing for my NBA debut. I buried my first three, got pumped up and excited... and then LA scored TWENTY STRAIGHT POINTS. We couldn't do anything on either end for the last six minutes of the game. Our record finally got to 1-8 before I had enough.

/rant

TL;DR version: I started MyCareer on Hall of Fame and got destroyed, so I'm restarting. The end.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #2271
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKingBenjamin
You said

No. First of all, the GM will not trade your teammate. He will trade you instead. And you wont have an option of picking any team. The GM will just trade you without warning. There is no option to pick a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #2272
Rookie

So I played a bit today, and actual plays were being called more often than they were last week. They still break down quite a bit, but it was refreshing too see plays actually being called with me NOT being a PG

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »