Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #2273
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Still can't get into my online career. It's letting me earn vc by playing blacktop and quick games I can also access the store but I can't get into mycareer and nba today isn't showing up. I checked on my other account and everything is fine. Anyone got a fix because this is ridiculous
Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #2274
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Exclamation Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I created MyPlayer on Christmas night. I chose a 6'3, 201-pound all-around SG, and I decided to play on Hall of Fame difficulty. I got to the Rookie Showcase, and then the mess began.

First off, my teammates wouldn't pass me the ball. I get that it's basically an exhibition game, but if there's nobody within five feet of me, I expect to get the ball. I felt compelled to shoot every time my teammates graced me with a pass. I ended up with seven points and ten assists, with a C+ grade. Next, we get to my biggest problem, the reason why I'm going to restart MyCareer on a lower difficulty. The user's team on Hall of Fame can't defend their way out of a paper bag. I'll admit it. I'm not good enough at 2K14 right now to defend all five players, which is the only way that Hall of Fame is going to work out. My teammates, both in the Rookie Showcase and in the regular season (I was drafted 17th by Atlanta) constantly leave shooters open or let people drive right past them for easy shots. And, even when the shots are contested, they go in 75% of the time. The only defense in this game is to block everything that goes up, which, ironically, is also way off. My 6'3 SG with a 25 block rating shouldn't be getting six blocks in the second or third game of his career.

A prime example: Thanks to 2K's scripting, Louis Williams got hurt in the fourth quarter against the Lakers, allowing for my NBA debut. I buried my first three, got pumped up and excited... and then LA scored TWENTY STRAIGHT POINTS. We couldn't do anything on either end for the last six minutes of the game. Our record finally got to 1-8 before I had enough.

/rant

TL;DR version: I started MyCareer on Hall of Fame and got destroyed, so I'm restarting. The end.
Umm. Make sure its on simulation so the shooting percentages arent crazy. And yeah youre gonna get killed on hall of fame starting out, especially if youre on a bad team which you probably are.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #2275
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
Just played the Bucks, starting to wonder if this game scripts literally every game. Bucks dropped 140 on my 76ers and shot 82% in the second half. We couldnt do anything on offense, seems like we were destined to lose.
No its not scripted the 76ers are just terrible. However, something is seriously wrong if you got scored 140 on. What are you playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #2276
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
No its not scripted the 76ers are just terrible. However, something is seriously wrong if you got scored 140 on. What are you playing on?
Playing on HOF, but ever since the patch, I was able to keep the game close and teams would only average 100-110 ppg.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #2277
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Playing on HOF, but ever since the patch, I was able to keep the game close and teams would only average 100-110 ppg.
Sim or default? Even 100-110 is really high.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #2278
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Nevermind I saw 76ers. That doesnt make sense. The 76ers are pretty good defensively. I played with them and we usually kept teams around the 90's on 12 min quarters. Playing hof sim sliders though.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2279
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Nevermind I saw 76ers. That doesnt make sense. The 76ers are pretty good defensively. I played with them and we usually kept teams around the 90's on 12 min quarters. Playing hof sim sliders though.
Not that it makes a huge difference, but we lost Noel for the year. But I think Im playing on default HOF, does sim make that much of a difference?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #2280
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Not that it makes a huge difference, but we lost Noel for the year. But I think Im playing on default HOF, does sim make that much of a difference?
Both those things make a HUGE difference. Default sliders make it impossible to contest shots and its too unrealistic. On sim sliders players tend to miss open shots like in real life, contested shots rarely go in, there are more foul calls and less cheese in general. Its a pretty big difference. And not having Noel is a huge loss. Noel not only is a great shot blocker but he has very active hands generating steals and forcing turnovers and makes it difficult for opposing teams to get into the paint. I was a SG for the 76ers and MCW is awesome at generating turnovers along with Noel and Thaddeus Young and Noel lock things down in the paint. I usually have my man on lockdown so defensively the 76ers are good but we sucked offensively. But not having Noel is a big deal. Spencer Hawes and the other bigs suck and cant play defense for anything. Spencer Hawes is as soft as a freaking teddy bear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »