Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #2281
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Both those things make a HUGE difference. Default sliders make it impossible to contest shots and its too unrealistic. On sim sliders players tend to miss open shots like in real life, contested shots rarely go in, there are more foul calls and less cheese in general. Its a pretty big difference. And not having Noel is a huge loss. Noel not only is a great shot blocker but he has very active hands generating steals and forcing turnovers and makes it difficult for opposing teams to get into the paint. I was a SG for the 76ers and MCW is awesome at generating turnovers along with Noel and Thaddeus Young and Noel lock things down in the paint. I usually have my man on lockdown so defensively the 76ers are good but we sucked offensively. But not having Noel is a big deal. Spencer Hawes and the other bigs suck and cant play defense for anything. Spencer Hawes is as soft as a freaking teddy bear.
Alright Ill definitely change it to sim. Thanks for your input man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #2282
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Umm. Make sure its on simulation so the shooting percentages arent crazy. And yeah youre gonna get killed on hall of fame starting out, especially if youre on a bad team which you probably are.
I am on simulation. I double-checked all of my settings after the first game of the season had eight-minute quarters instead of twelve for some reason.

The Hawks aren't THAT bad IRL (at least compared to the rest of the East) but I looked at the ratings and their highest-rated player is 82 OVR (Al Horford.) That would explain it.

Last edited by malowry; 12-29-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #2283
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

With HS holiday basketball (and hockey) tourneys to cover wasn't able to play since my Center sprained his ankle (Walking the ball up the court).. sure glad I didn't let him (trainer) look at it like people say.. coach goal is to score 20 in the game.. vs. Miami.. I guess I'm supposed to easily prove the ankle is fine since I've got 15 points in 9 minutes of playing time..

Accidentally called for an alley-oop pass to my Center.. somehow on a 'day to day' bad wheel he went up to a pass way over his head and knocked down the ball and it went through the hoop... I've only added any pts to dunk to get it to 55 so far so he's not going do ever do a normal dunk.. standing dunk is at 82 but he can only dunk in Park games for some reason.

The dynamic goal popup over the stats is strange though it says 'make team history' each time down the court.. haven't seen anyone mention *that* specific one before so not exactly sure what history it would be?

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #2284
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
With HS holiday basketball (and hockey) tourneys to cover wasn't able to play since my Center sprained his ankle (Walking the ball up the court).. sure glad I didn't let him (trainer) look at it like people say.. coach goal is to score 20 in the game.. vs. Miami.. I guess I'm supposed to easily prove the ankle is fine since I've got 15 points in 9 minutes of playing time..

Accidentally called for an alley-oop pass to my Center.. somehow on a 'day to day' bad wheel he went up to a pass way over his head and knocked down the ball and it went through the hoop... I've only added any pts to dunk to get it to 55 so far so he's not going do ever do a normal dunk.. standing dunk is at 82 but he can only dunk in Park games for some reason.

The dynamic goal popup over the stats is strange though it says 'make team history' each time down the court.. haven't seen anyone mention *that* specific one before so not exactly sure what history it would be?
I've gotten that one. I got called out by Gary Payton in social media to get 5 steals, even though my steal rating was only in the 60's and I get called for a foul any time I try. Don't know why the challenge was "make team history." Think I got 2. Best I've ever gotten is 4 and that was just blind luck. I do average 2 blocks a game lately though. Not bad for a 6'4" SG with 45 block rating.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #2285
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
I've gotten that one. I got called out by Gary Payton in social media to get 5 steals, even though my steal rating was only in the 60's and I get called for a foul any time I try. Don't know why the challenge was "make team history." Think I got 2. Best I've ever gotten is 4 and that was just blind luck. I do average 2 blocks a game lately though. Not bad for a 6'4" SG with 45 block rating.
I guess I should have looked at social media again before this game after last playing on Christmas night.. already got the 20+ the coach wanted but it never confirmed that goal or anything, like it just skipped it. If we had a 'game progress' monitor like before next-gen I could at least go see what the 'dynamic goal' is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #2286
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Does Doris Burke EVER interview you at halftime or is it just because you're a rookie?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #2287
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Season 1 over. Won rookie of the year and 1st team all-NBA. LeBron won MVP. Thunder won the championship.

Offseason transactions: (this league is stupid now)
Lebron -> Jazz (why....)
Bosh -> Suns (why...)
Melo -> Lakers
Granger -> Heat
Lebron James
Old 12-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #2288
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've accepted that 2k won't be able to do anything about my jacked My Career save. I'm just gonna continue playing that player since it's all I play anyway and I only miss out on the free locker codes. But make no mistake, these guys won't be seeing a penny more of my money for the rest of this gen. 2k15 could be the goat and I'd still go out of my way to buy it second hand. They did us dirty with all the garbage that's been discussed in this thread alone. I ain't even touch the other modes, but I bet there's mad fu*kery in those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Graphics no
Not entirely true, I finally patched the game and noticed they fixed Andre Miller's grill, prior to that his face looked like a last-gen holdover. Gives me hope they'll fix up Chris Paul, if they haven't already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »