Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #2289
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This game vs the Heat is really weird.. I've missed a few shots now..shooting 11 of 18.. but the whole 3rd quarter the Heat are putting me on the line.. shooting 14 of 18 from the line for the game.. only other player with even 1 attempt is Thadeus Young.. who was 0-1.. for me in Next gen 14-18 is a good % with the Center.. haven't upped the skill while I was trying to get rebounding/hands to mesh to get boards.

Got Greg Oden fouled out early in the 4th.. but now my guy can't hit a free throw AT ALL.. haven't trailed all game until now I miss 2 with the game tied at 79's

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #2290
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
Season 1 over. Won rookie of the year and 1st team all-NBA. LeBron won MVP. Thunder won the championship.

Offseason transactions: (this league is stupid now)
Lebron -> Jazz (why....)
Bosh -> Suns (why...)
Melo -> Lakers
Granger -> Heat
I think Lebron in the West would be interesting... a different style conference than the East.. just imagine if it had been Stockton to Lebron instead of Malone.. Malone was great but the difference in athleticism ..

Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #2291
Rookie

claustin's Arena

OVR: 0

Gotta admit, it's fun when the crowd chants "MVP! MVP!" when I'm at the free throw line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Does Doris Burke EVER interview you at halftime or is it just because you're a rookie?
I don't think your player ever gets interviewed. That's just to show off that "real voice" thing or whatever it's called. It's weird too because you'd think that'd be an easy thing for them to do, what with access to the voice actor and all (but then again so would defensive settings, changing your number, etc). I'd be happy if they'd just bring back the Jordan PoG highlights.

Last edited by claustin; 12-30-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #2292
Rookie

Seanmgz's Arena

OVR: 2

I've loved this mode since they introduced it and it really is amazing (when it works...) on the next gen consoles, but some of the things that happen on the grading scale drive me absolutely insane.

My #1 annoyance is when you block a shot, the ball is live for an 'offensive rebound' which generally the shooter or other team will get, and usually score pretty easily off of the second effort. If it's your guy on defense who gets it and scores, you get knocked for giving up an O-reb as well as letting your man score. In no world would your coach punish you for the other team grabbing the ball off your blocked shot, most of the time I'm still in the air when they get it back and just landing as they put it in. It's ****ing ridiculous, it happened to me a bit with my smaller PG, and now with my big center it happens every time unless I swat it out of bounds. There's basically no point of going for a block because it's going to kill my grade more than help it.

On a different note, is there a way to turn off the grade box in the top right corner? I think I would enjoy the mode that much more if I wasn't constantly being reminded of dumb things that lower my grade.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #2293
Just started!

I just got the game, and after the games in the tunnel the other players aren't talking underneath it just has the subtitles what they would be saying. How do I fix this?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #2294
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Gotta admit, it's fun when the crowd chants "MVP! MVP!" when I'm at the free throw line.
Just got the MVP chant for the first time.. but since the game made me ice cold from the line I'm going to start wasting VC on free throws! Did shoot 17 of 28 (yes, 28) from the line but missed like 7 of last 8

Post-game conversation with Lebron after scoring 55, 8 boards and 6 blocks with his 3 tips.. This was the game I had to prove to coach I was healthy.. funny was that 'make team history' didn't show up in post-game anything so I'm not sure what it meant. Beating the Heat though, I'll put up as many shots as I have to with this crappy 76ers team to do that. Next up in the Bulls.. not sure I can out-rebound Noah or even come close.. but if they start fouling like the Heat did I can get him out of the game also

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #2295
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanmgz
My #1 annoyance is when you block a shot, the ball is live for an 'offensive rebound' which generally the shooter or other team will get, and usually score pretty easily off of the second effort. If it's your guy on defense who gets it and scores, you get knocked for giving up an O-reb as well as letting your man score. In no world would your coach punish you for the other team grabbing the ball off your blocked shot, most of the time I'm still in the air when they get it back and just landing as they put it in. It's ****ing ridiculous, it happened to me a bit with my smaller PG, and now with my big center it happens every time unless I swat it out of bounds. There's basically no point of going for a block because it's going to kill my grade more than help it.

On a different note, is there a way to turn off the grade box in the top right corner? I think I would enjoy the mode that much more if I wasn't constantly being reminded of dumb things that lower my grade.
I think every one of us who has created a big man and blocks a few shots has mentioned the same thing.. your secondary reaction after blocking the shot is to stand in quick sand for 3 seconds. When 76ers teammates block shots in my team they block it out of bounds so it's not our ball either. A couple times I might be lucky and have a teammate actually rebound my block but usually it's the same guy I blocked

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #2296
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhollis710
I just got the game, and after the games in the tunnel the other players aren't talking underneath it just has the subtitles what they would be saying. How do I fix this?
the players don't talk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »