Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #2369
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Whats your dribbling stance? If youre a taller player youre naturally gonna hunch over since you need to keep your dribble low to the ground. I would suggest changing the dribble stance.
I changed my dribble stance, but it didn't make a difference. My guy is dribbling like he's a center regardless.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:42 AM   #2370
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I changed my dribble stance, but it didn't make a difference. My guy is dribbling like he's a center regardless.
Damn, how tall is he? My SF when I first started was 6'8" and I dont recall his dribble being awkward.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:25 AM   #2371
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Damn, how tall is he? My SF when I first started was 6'8" and I dont recall his dribble being awkward.
6'7 athletic SF, can you check what your dribble,speed, and quickness ratings are please?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #2372
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
6'7 athletic SF, can you check what your dribble,speed, and quickness ratings are please?
They were maxed. Ball handling and physical attributes were like the first thing I maxed. So I think 85 ball handlimg, 92 speed and 94 quickness with the pressure shorts. But that shouldnt affect the normal animations of taking the ball up the court. I use a low dribble stance. Maybe youre right and SFs have a weird handle and Im just not noticing? Idk my 6'5" SG has a smoother handle and it looks better I think.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #2373
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
They were maxed. Ball handling and physical attributes were like the first thing I maxed. So I think 85 ball handlimg, 92 speed and 94 quickness with the pressure shorts. But that shouldnt affect the normal animations of taking the ball up the court. I use a low dribble stance. Maybe youre right and SFs have a weird handle and Im just not noticing? Idk my 6'5" SG has a smoother handle and it looks better I think.
Alright, thanks for the help, ill keep improving those areas and see if it does anything, although i feel like it won't

Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2374
Rookie

Playing with the Sixers is a pain to play with, no good shooters (exceptions of my player, Jason Richardson and James Anderson) and the defense is bad. Our record is 6-15 right now and I'm looking forward to be traded.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #2375
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The sidekick scenario only happens once. I use it as a benchmark for when to ask my GM to trade my teammate. You could ask for the best player on your new team to be traded. That is always an option, at least every other GM conversation. Idk what happens because I havent tried it. But hypothetically if youe favorite team shows the most interest in you on the trade interest list then they should trade for you. Hypothetically, again I havent tried that. If you try that tell us what happens so we can further understand this whole trade process.
Ok cool, i'll just try it again by asking for the best player to be traded. I know you said that rating doesn't matter as far as who your traded for...but what about rating as opposed to who your asking to be traded. Right now i'm 81, Mayo is also 81...if my rating is the best on my team will they go ahead and trade who I asked m to trade?

Thanks again for all the work you've put in...really wish they didn't make it this hard to play for your favorite team. I was hoping to not get my rating in the 90's till I was on the Celtics. Sitting on 40k VC pts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #2376
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I got to my first regular season matchup with Jackson. Had the whole conversation and bet thing. I proceeded to shut him down. Blocked two of his shots. Two steals. He has no points in the first half. I had 17. We got up by 20.

Then in the 4th something miraculous happened. My teammates began drinking out of bounds. Wouldn't pass it to me. I would get into a contact animation, fall to the floor and stay there for five seconds. Shots with perfect release labeled great rimmed out every time.

We ended up losing by one on a play where I was sucked into a very odd contact animation from about five feet away which destroyed my drive toward the elbow and caused a ridiculous shot animation.

I won the bet easily but lost the game in a fashion that is hard to stomach. Still really enjoy the mode but the aggressive scripting is annoying. I get the set up situations like the bet, or practice fight, whatever.... but when the cpu cause me to tank games by going superman while my Team goes full ******....is annoying

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »