Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #2385
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolersaurus
Not sure if this will help, but before I started my career I went onto quick match and went over to the kings to see if Rudy gay was on there, and he was so I started the career, another way to validate it's using an updated roster is if in the showcase Trey Burke has his proper number (#3) and if I think it is mason plumlee starting at center for the opposing rookie team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the updated and its adams from okc that starts vs noel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #2386
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

OVR: 0

Is anyone else having a problem loading mycareer up? It forces me off the game every time I try.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #2387
Rookie

usace06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady862
What does it take to get invited to the Rising Star game at the all star break? I saw the posting of participants and I'm not on the list. The game is a week away and I am averaging 20pts & 9 assists a game. I am leading the rookies in ppg and apg. Thought it was weird i didn't get an invite unless another cut scene needs to play out. Anyone else get left out?

I did get invited to the 3-point competition.
You aren't listed in the roster but you are in the game...its something finicky with MC...I don't know why 2k does it, but for specific reasons(which I won't spoil) you will be in the RSG
Old 12-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #2388
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Turned the game on this morning to play game 2 of the conference finals against the nuggets to find "mycareer starring **************** ************" instead of my name on load up and then a nice swift boot out to the dashboard.

My file is F'd isn't it?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #2389
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

What teams have you all found to be pretty good to play on? I've heard a lot of stories about bad teams like the Jazz or 76ers, but not many commenting on teams that are fun to play or have teams that actually play well on both sides of the ball. Also what players have you guys liked playing with?

I'm a SG for the Hawks and I really like playing with Horford. He plays pretty good D, blocks a bunch of shots and has a good offensive game that meshes with mine as well. He will usually knock down a midrange on a drive and kick if his man slides over to help out on my player. His rebounding isn't so great, though. Millsap is alright to play with, too, but his shot release is funky and he gets blocked more often than I would like. I also wish his tendencies would be altered a little because he should be attempting more threes, especially when I find him open.

The team also traded for Beasley, which I was skeptical of at first but he's a pretty good teammate. He can knock down open jumpers and he plays pretty good D. He's also great in transition and on fast breaks.

Last edited by Trapper700; 12-31-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #2390
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper700
What teams have you all found to be pretty good to play on? I've heard a lot of stories about bad teams like the Jazz or 76ers, but not many commenting on teams that are fun to play or have teams that actually play well on both sides of the ball. Also what players have you guys liked playing with?

I'm a SG for the Hawks and I really like playing with Horford. He plays pretty good D, blocks a bunch of shots and has a good offensive game that meshes with mine as well. He will usually knock down a midrange on a drive and kick if his man slides over to help out on my player. His rebounding isn't so great, though. Millsap is alright to play with, too, but his shot release is funky and he gets blocked more often than I would like. I also wish his tendencies would be altered a little because he should be attempting more threes, especially when I find him open.

The team also traded for Beasley, which I was skeptical of at first but he's a pretty good teammate. He can knock down open jumpers and he plays pretty good D. He's also great in transition and on fast breaks.
Heard good things about the Suns. They've got a lot of shooters, a nice fastbreak game, and a defense geared towards intercepting passes.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #2391
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Turned the game on this morning to play game 2 of the conference finals against the nuggets to find "mycareer starring **************** ************" instead of my name on load up and then a nice swift boot out to the dashboard.

My file is F'd isn't it?
Same thing happening to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #2392
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper700

Indiana was a pretty good upgrade from Philly. Practically everyone is an offensive option, though I tend to go with the bigs because that seems to be the most effective way to rack up assists. I like West more than Hibbert, because he seems to react quicker to loose balls and snatches rebounds at a higher rate because of the known issue with 7'+ players and reactivity. I go to Granger and George only when we're on the break or they're open for the 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »