Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #233
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Is it possible to change the appearance of your MyPlayer after the initial creation? As in continuing on the same career but with a new look.
yes you can
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #234
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I think some things are just locked in. Meaning no matter what you do you still did bad/good depending which way they are turning the story.
Scripted is the word you're looking for. And yeah, it's really annoying and stupid. I'm ready to demand a trade as well. I mean i would of loved to try to make the jazz competitive, but having teammate AI that is terrible AND having nothing but low rated players is soo frustrating. My point guard can only do so much. I don't need a top tier team(actually don't like to play for top tier teams), just prefer a team with potential or a mid level team(like maybe the trail blazers, pelicans, etc.) Hell i guess the lakers are now a mid level team and they definitely need a point guard, maybe i can get on with them(they're my favorite team anyway).

Also, anybody think some of the twitter challenges things are kind of weird/corny? I had tyler hansbourough bragging and talking trash about how he shut me down(even though he didn't guard me lol) just because i ddin't get a double double? But i had like 24 points, 7 assist, 2 steals and 2 blocks. Shot a high percent too, and they lost too. That doesn't make any sense and it's kind of annoying seeing him tweet "yeah, i shut him down just like i said i would" after they got dominated. It's just dumb lol.

Also, on the subject of challenges, what coach goes "i want you to go out there and score 10 points straight, don't pass the ball"? 2ks been watching too many movies lol.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #235
Banned

Since I can't sim the games I heard that the scripted crap stops after the first season or at least allows you to sim games so I'm setting my quarters to the lowest they allow and grinding out that season. I'll let everyone know if anything changes during the second season. I sure hope it does because none of the reviews I read mentioned the lack of simulating and 2K is mum about a fix for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #236
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

What the heck man since this new update i keep getting this error when i load my my career !!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #237
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I play every single game...always have. and I get past the first season. been playing since inception 2k10....

just saying that some people don't mind playing all the games. Though it does suck that 2k took the OPTION to sim away if you don't want to play

I'm all about options
i'm the same way, sorta. sometimes i'll sim the 2nd season so i can really go all out in my 3rd season for contract inflation (never helps with vc contracts ).

furthest i've gotten with 1 mycareer is when i got my 3rd contract, so i guess year 8. i only played that far once though, haha.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #238
Varsity

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
What the heck man since this new update i keep getting this error when i load my my career !!
You gotta make a new one. Hopefully you didnt get too far into it

Anyways, I had to redo mine twice. The first time I was 17th pick, next time I was 15th pick, and my final Career which I had to do since my last one broke, I was picked sixth! (But Ellis was still picked before me. WTF I even outplayed him in the showcase.)

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #239
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
You gotta make a new one. Hopefully you didnt get too far into it

Anyways, I had to redo mine twice. The first time I was 17th pick, next time I was 15th pick, and my final Career which I had to do since my last one broke, I was picked sixth! (But Ellis was still picked before me. WTF I even outplayed him in the showcase.)
Dude im not going to remake one after buying VC on it and upgrading him..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #240
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plooperplopper
I heard that the scripted crap stops after the first season or at least allows you to sim games
Can anyone confirm this? I cant find it anywhere. Not being able to sim games is a mode breaker for me. I will never have the time/patience to play every game in an entire career....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »