Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #2401
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Thanks for the suggestion but no dice, went into features and my guy looked normal but then when I go to load my career it says he's a 68 now when I've been a 90 for awhile and when I go to load it it gives me the "*****" in place of my name and then boots me out again.

I can't say I'm surprised, I was honestly waiting any moment for this thing to mess up. Pissed.
Sorry, man. That bites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #2402
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by usace06
You aren't listed in the roster but you are in the game...its something finicky with MC...I don't know why 2k does it, but for specific reasons(which I won't spoil) you will be in the RSG
Thanks I was a little on the worried side but also thought that they would have a cutscene or something to announce I made the game. Excited to get to all star weekend.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #2403
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is there any way to simulate ahead in myplayer mode? Like playing the "key" games only like you could in 2k13?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #2404
Rookie

usace06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwill2014
Is there any way to simulate ahead in myplayer mode? Like playing the "key" games only like you could in 2k13?
You have to play your entire rookie year. Key game Sim is allowed from 2nd year on.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #2405
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usace06
You have to play your entire rookie year. Key game Sim is allowed from 2nd year on.
Thank you very much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #2406
Pro

So is everyone still having problems loading MC? The starring ********** loading screen is a bad sign, might mean your online save is corrupted, happened to me.. I was getting vc points instead of coins.. And no endorsements were working properly.

I haven't attempted to launch the game since all the issues, because I don't want to start all over again. I already had to ditch a save file with me in the finals because it only gave me points, my Jordan endorsement sneakers still cost vc, and cut scenes wouldn't trigger correctly.

Honestly, I hate to bash devs and game companies.. But this is the biggest failure of a blockbuster game I have ever seen. Customer support is non existent. This game was a ripoff.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #2407
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoj89
Btw any of you guys have any rebounding tips for huge centers? I know that my 7'2 center can't rebound because of the game's program even if I've got maxed ORB and DRB with level 3 tenacious rebounder. I've thought about creating a new one, but I'm already 87 and halfway through the first season so I don't want to unless I'm sure that his rebounding is hopeless.
Dude big men with over 7"0 - 7"4 in height are terrible rebounders. Its really bad you would think with a 7 foot center you would be a rebounding machine. I made a 7"1 powerforward maxed his rebounds out gave him rebound sigs and i average 4 rebs per game on 12 minute quarters. I notice centers and power forwards below 7ft rebound much better.

My guy is a 7"1 all around power forward and his max vertical is only 65...maybe thats probably the reason i cant rebound i guess

Do you by any chance have an all around playstyle center??

When you rebound, it feels like your guy has no lift right? I guess thats the consequences that come with make huge centers and power forwards.

I jus started working on my ahteltic 6"8 shooting guard... My big man was getting annoying to play with due to lack of abilty rebounding. My on ball D is maxed at 65 as well it sucks
Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #2408
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is it safe to try and play mycareer without it glitching or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »