Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #2425
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I restarted MyCareer on Superstar difficulty and got what I wanted. The gameplay has been much better for me. I ended up with a 17-3-3 in the Rookie Showcase and got interviews from the Thunder (my favorite team) and the Bucks. Ellis went ninth to the Sixers (he had 27 in the Showcase IIRC) and I went to the Bucks as the 15th pick.

After a 3-2 start, we've lost seven in a row. I'm beginning to think that Larry Drew might be the worst coach in the league. My minutes have been really oddly distributed; I'll get five or six minutes in the first half and then play the last 18 minutes, leaving me completely exhausted for crunch time. He's also made some really head-scratching decisions in other aspects of the game.

Example one. We're playing Philadelphia and it's been a battle throughout. I drag the team back from an eight-point deficit with 2:30 left and the game goes to overtime, tied at 96. I hit X to continue... and the game ends. We lose 108-100 and I don't get a single minute in OT. After I put up a 23-8-12 in regulation (in 27 minutes!), I get benched for the last five.

Example two. Up six with 2:30 left against Charlotte. Coach takes O.J. Mayo, our best player, out for Zaza Pachulia, who is literally the last guy in the rotation. Brandon Knight proceeds to miss two free throws, and Charlotte goes on a 12-2 run to win 94-90 with Mayo sitting on the bench. He wasn't hurt, and he had only played 29 minutes. Freakin' ridiculous.

I guess that is to be expected, though. The Bucks just aren't good. I like my teammates and the way our team works, but the coaching... ugh.

Last edited by malowry; 01-01-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 01:16 AM   #2426
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

It's early January, GM relationship at 81, team chemistry only 60 Celtics are # 2 in interest now which is where I want to go..should I say trade other player or wait till next time GM has a talk with me?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #2427
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman253
Playing with the Sixers is a pain to play with, no good shooters (exceptions of my player, Jason Richardson and James Anderson) and the defense is bad. Our record is 6-15 right now and I'm looking forward to be traded.
That was my 76ers outlook until I became a starter.. it's still a hard deal to even get to and stay a .500 team .. just want to make the playoffs.. J-Rich and Evan Turner started hitting shots for me the last few games, don't know how long that will last
Old 01-01-2014, 01:41 AM   #2428
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I haven't posted in here since my MyCareer save glitched and became unplayable just before the All Star Weekend (92 OVR, Played for Lakers ) really sucks.

Since then I've started a new one, currently rank 85, dropping 30+ a night, and averaging 6 assists and 4 rebounds per game at PG position for the Warriors. Problem is its at the end of January and I'm still not a starter when i'm playing better than Curry, and I became a starter in my other save for the Lakers at the start of January

what up?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:50 AM   #2429
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I restarted MyCareer on Superstar difficulty and got what I wanted. The gameplay has been much better for me. I ended up with a 17-3-3 in the Rookie Showcase and got interviews from the Thunder (my favorite team) and the Bucks. Ellis went ninth to the Sixers (he had 27 in the Showcase IIRC) and I went to the Bucks as the 15th pick.

After a 3-2 start, we've lost seven in a row. I'm beginning to think that Larry Drew might be the worst coach in the league. My minutes have been really oddly distributed; I'll get five or six minutes in the first half and then play the last 18 minutes, leaving me completely exhausted for crunch time. He's also made some really head-scratching decisions in other aspects of the game.

Example one. We're playing Philadelphia and it's been a battle throughout. I drag the team back from an eight-point deficit with 2:30 left and the game goes to overtime, tied at 96. I hit X to continue... and the game ends. We lose 108-100 and I don't get a single minute in OT. After I put up a 23-8-12 in regulation (in 27 minutes!), I get benched for the last five.

Example two. Up six with 2:30 left against Charlotte. Coach takes O.J. Mayo, our best player, out for Zaza Pachulia, who is literally the last guy in the rotation. Brandon Knight proceeds to miss two free throws, and Charlotte goes on a 12-2 run to win 94-90 with Mayo sitting on the bench. He wasn't hurt, and he had only played 29 minutes. Freakin' ridiculous.

I guess that is to be expected, though. The Bucks just aren't good. I like my teammates and the way our team works, but the coaching... ugh.
I'm 33 - 15 with the bucks on HOF sim settings. averaging 29pts and 15 assists. What position are you playing? I'm a pg.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #2430
Banned

So we (the Kings) traded Thompson and Hayes for DeAndre Jordan. However, Jordan is getting 0 minutes and is a reserve. Wtf is up with this game?
Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 AM   #2431
Just started!

So i just got traded from the Phoenix Suns to the...Phoenix Suns . I think it is time to trade in after this and the server debacle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 AM   #2432
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

It's nothing flashy, but my 7'1 center can dunk in Park over and over (when Park works).. but still has never gotten one in a game... just ran a court with one guy for 4 straight .. we're 79-88 ratings against 90+ usually.. problem is in the 5th game a popup that no players were left in the game happened.. that's a new one for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »