Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynwhtesausage
Can anyone confirm this? I cant find it anywhere. Not being able to sim games is a mode breaker for me. I will never have the time/patience to play every game in an entire career....
No one will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #242
Rookie

Does anyone have a shoe endorsement deal yet? If so, how many games in are you?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

What Game Style setting do folks play on? I play on simulation, the game feels better and the CPU misses open shots here and there. Default is too arcadey, playing against Kobe with my SG he would never miss no matter how great the defense. And the shot clock cheese is alive and well.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #244
Rookie

i'm sure i'm playing terribly, but i'm having a streak of 15% or barely better games. coach keeps giving me minutes then taking them away. :|

i'm pretty tired of being on the 76ers though. it irks me seeing noel, royce white playing. i'm only into december lol. none of my guys can complete near the rim or shoot when they're open. i enjoyed punking jrich in practice though.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #245
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
First time i faced him i was a 6th man
faced him when i was still a prospect...after playing 1 game as a substitute for the injured player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCJR24
So my SF is the 6th man for the 76ers, about 8 or 9 games in and for some odd reason, for the past 2 games.. Once I'm subbed in, Coach won't make any substitutions or call timeouts for the entire game. We get drained and then lose the game. What's going on? Bug/glitch?
did you have that goal either to reduce to 5 or 10 points lead? Im noticing this too that everytime i have these goals, i play long minutes even going beyond my supposed to be minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #246
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkprince23
What Game Style setting do folks play on? I play on simulation, the game feels better and the CPU misses open shots here and there. Default is too arcadey, playing against Kobe with my SG he would never miss no matter how great the defense. And the shot clock cheese is alive and well.
simulation is def the way to go. when i played the pacers i had no one that could score so i just kept taking it inside and loved all the foul calls i was getting. scored like 12-15 on fouls alone. pacers destroyed us though.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #247
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCJR24
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know how to get this back to normal? If I create a new MyCareer, would I lose all my signature skills and what not that I purchased?

Also, does anyone know how to edit the wingspan/torso (was it?) for your MyPlayer?
Yes you lose all you signature skills but if you purchased those game day equipments (ex. goggles) you can still use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plooperplopper
Since I can't sim the games I heard that the scripted crap stops after the first season or at least allows you to sim games so I'm setting my quarters to the lowest they allow and grinding out that season. I'll let everyone know if anything changes during the second season. I sure hope it does because none of the reviews I read mentioned the lack of simulating and 2K is mum about a fix for it.
Please let us know....because I dont like to play 82 games per season. In 2k13, i will play 1st season but sim games in season 2 and play most in season 3 to jack up my price

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
You gotta make a new one. Hopefully you didnt get too far into it

Anyways, I had to redo mine twice. The first time I was 17th pick, next time I was 15th pick, and my final Career which I had to do since my last one broke, I was picked sixth! (But Ellis was still picked before me. WTF I even outplayed him in the showcase.)
I was hoping my player (SF/SG) will be picked up by San Antonio coz I was having a blast in 2k14 CG being picked up by them (i destroyed the interviews )
Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #248
Rookie

My player got drafted by the Kings. I got traded to the Suns after a few games. After the first game with the Suns the GM asked me about a trade I never requested. They traded me to Memphis now Im on a winning team but the trade logic is dumb. We ended up trading Tony Allen and a 1st round pick for Mario chalmers and Marc Gasol for Gortat and Tony Douglass. WTF!? now we have 4 point guards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »