Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #2497
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemerson22
I have to ask how you guys are all playing. I have not been able to get MyCareer or MyGm working. It will go for awhile, and then kick me out and erase my progress because of the servers.

I've even tried creating a new MyCareer and right before I play in the Rookie Showcase, it will crash and send me to the title screen and somehow replace my new file with the one I deleted. I've even shut off my Xbox after deleting my old MyCareer file and it comes back and overrides my new one.

MyGM will let me simulate to the end of the current season, and then kick me out and won't keep my saves or anything. Extremely frustrating as I really enjoy the game when I get to play it! But it seems as if not everyone is having the same problem as all of you guys seem to be progressing in your careers.

This is on Xbox One.
This is the same thing I'm going through, just know you're not alone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #2498
MVP

OVR: 24

Is it safe to play myCareer? I haven't played in weeks and I don't want my save to get corrupted or something like that.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #2499
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Here is a potential fix for those that can't get into the mode I just did it myself.

1. Start up NBA 2K14 not signed into a profile, let the intro play out and then sign in when prompted.

2. Go to my player screen in features, unequip everything you have on(I'm not sure if this step is necessary but it's what I did.) change your players name and features.

3. Go to the mycareer files and load yours up. It should still say that your rating is lower than it's supposed to be before you click it but once you get in everything is back to normal.

Try it out.
For anyone having the ******** ******* MyCAREER problem, this works. Thanks for the fix
Old 01-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #2500
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Just had the b.s. scenario where you're up big, and sit the whole 4th quarter to come in and miss the last shot.. perfect post up and same shot I make over and over.. obviously a miss so you get your butt chewed. pathetic scenario since my rotation minutes are 41 and I played all of 22 minutes to run this thing. Up by 16 at half.. up by 12 when I saw midway through the third .. and against Phoenix who was on a 8 game losing streak in the season.

So it's time to get chewed out by Evan Turner.. the sidekick b.s. and get a finger pointed at me haha..

Third meeting with the "bad" agent.. declining that crap
Old 01-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #2501
Just started!

What happens if you choose not to go out and celebrate with your teammates? I want my team chemistry and national fans to go up, but I don't wanna wake up late for practice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #2502
OOO
Rookie

OOO's Arena

Anyone career works now on the Xbox One? Mine still is kicking me back to the main menu everytime I play.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #2503
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
Damn bro, sorry to hear that. I'm on the ps4 and I have honestly encountered little to no problems whatsoever. I only play MyCareer though or play against my friends when they come over and what not. Keep your head up. Maybe try tweeting 2kSupport or cussing out Ronnie on Twitter. I've honestly lost a lot of respect for this franchise and I no longer hold NBA 2k in the highest of regards like I have done in the years previous. Then again, maybe that is my fault. But honestly, they really need to get their act together because I will not be supporting them anymore if they continue with this bullsh*t. This is not just a phantom issue, I feel that a lot of players are in the same boat as you and that really sucks man. Especially because some people just bought next-gen systems to solely play 2k14. So dissapointing to say the least.
It wouldn't be so bad if I had another game to tide me over until things got fixed. I had to send in my 360 version of FIFA to Amazon so I could get the One version for $10. Until then, it's NBA 2K only, and I'm just having some frustrating issues haha. Though I have seen a lot of people dealing with the same issues, it seems some people figured out how to avoid them.

I know it's tough for 2K to have these issues pop up because i really doubt their goal was to have everything crash on them. It's just a little frustrating on my end.

Until then, guess I'll play some exhibitions and whatnot!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #2504
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Just had the b.s. scenario where you're up big, and sit the whole 4th quarter to come in and miss the last shot.. perfect post up and same shot I make over and over.. obviously a miss so you get your butt chewed. pathetic scenario since my rotation minutes are 41 and I played all of 22 minutes to run this thing. Up by 16 at half.. up by 12 when I saw midway through the third .. and against Phoenix who was on a 8 game losing streak in the season.

So it's time to get chewed out by Evan Turner.. the sidekick b.s. and get a finger pointed at me haha..

Third meeting with the "bad" agent.. declining that crap
You complain so much bro, you need to relax and take a deep breath. That shot where you come in the last second, is actually makeable. I made that shot and won the game, it boosted my Team Chemistry and I've read quite a few posters here who also made that shot. Not everything is a bs scenario.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »