Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #2529
Rookie

HeyItsKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I just ran into an odd bug(?). I'm play a 6'2 starting PG for the Jazz and I sprained my ankle. I decided to play through and instead of lowering my minutes the coach moved me to the Center position. This led to a laughable scoring frenzy for both myself and the opposing 7' Center as he was able to dunk over me with ease and I was able to sprint passed him for a layup nearly every possession. Luckily my ankle healed after only 2 games and I was moved back to Point Guard, now with slightly inflated stats for the week. I just couldn't help myself!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #2530
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

is there any way to change dunk tendency? im a 7'2" athletic center and my dunk is 90 and vertical is maxed out at 75 but ive only dunked maybe 5 times in around 30 games. posterizer is already set as one of my sig skills and all my dunk package slots are filled. i checked the dunk tendency and its at 6.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #2531
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius_21
why can't i change accessoires? heard about it before, thought there was a workaround for that. If i change them in the feature menu it's the same. Just got the adidas deal and want to wear shoes and a different shirt, the grey one s so annoying.
please help me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #2532
Rookie

Quote:
please help me
For people not getting store items to load Ronnie said to let the entire intro play out when booting. This happens to me when i dont get online immediately upon boot up, but after a few seconds at the main menu.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #2533
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
For people not getting store items to load Ronnie said to let the entire intro play out when booting. This happens to me when i dont get online immediately upon boot up, but after a few seconds at the main menu.
okay thank you. I'll try it
Old 01-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #2534
Rookie

Quote:
okay thank you. I'll try it
Didn't work for me
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #2535
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread- Trade Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
You pretty much never go to the team with the highest interest or any of the three teams you choose as your preference.
Not true, the Wizards was one of the teams I requested to go to and was traded to them.

Of course now I have the dreaded boot to main PS menu after starting a game against the Warriors, been that way for over a week. Yet I have no issues using my player in Blacktop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #2536
Rookie

Got a 6'11" athletic pf drafted to the Kings. Playing big is amazing in next gen! Loving the battle for position, utilizing screens and post moves to get to the basket. Ive been averaging a double double since my 3rd game, grabbing as many as 17 boards in 24 mins playing time - 6'11" is definitely a safe height for rebounding. My guy also dunks when it is appropriate to, on the move or standing still.

I had planned on getting this guy traded to the Lakers but im absolutely loving it on the Kings. Rudy Gay and Ben McLemore are terrific spot up shooters who occasionally drive to the rim. Me and Cousins are killing it in the post, lots of behind the back or over the head passing with our backs to the basket for open slams, and often grab each others rebounds when we miss. Isaiah Thomas does a great job distributing the ball, reacts correctly to the screens I set, and sinks his fair share of 3s.

The best part though is the running of plays. Ive got it set to auto and theres a play run every other posession on average, which is in line with the 50% play run setting. Isaiah will run quick isos and post ups when we havent gotten anywhere freelancing and the shot clock is down half way. Since we're always beasting in the post the coach will run feed the post as a point of emphasis alot of times, and ill easily get 10-20 cracks at the basket per game without ever asking for the ball. Ive yet to finish a game without an A+ teammate rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »