Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #2625
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTS
Hey can anyone explain all the "consequences" for taking the side-kick role. I took it just to be a good teamate, didn't seem like any choices had a real effect but I hope this is not keeping me out of the PG spot (Playing SG is frustrating, especially when Bledsoe is PG).
If you say no it lowers your team chemistry and you have to score 25 and win by double digits the next game. Its not a big deal what you choose. It has nothing to do with rotations. Idk whats frustrating about playing SG? Youre still playing a guard position and can handle the ball at any time. Theyre not going to put you at the point because they will not trade Bledsoe when hes the best player. Hes too small to consistently play the 2 and it would be dumb to bring him off the bench. If you want to play the point then get traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #2626
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I figured because Turner came over in the locker room and told me I should have passed to like we agreed that they had to be linked.. no other reason for him to do that
Oh. Well I never missed the shot so I didnt know that. But Im saying youre going to get the loner rumor going on no matter whether you agree to be a sidekick or not or whether you make the buzzer beater or not.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #2627
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antixnette
I'm currently 2-10 with the Cavs. Anybody ever start out this bad? I mean we stink.

Also, Tristan Thompson get zero playing time. Is this a glitch?
Yeah it happens lol. And no its not a glitch, theyre commited to Anthony Bennett now for some reason so Thompson is gonna get traded.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #2628
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmiddl
im a sg averaging 80 points a game 8 boards on all-star. i don't pass because either they miss wide open shots, the dont take the wide open shot and pass it back to me, or they make a simple under rim layup harder than what it is (like jumping into the defense on the opposite side of the rim instead of taking it straight up on the side with no defense). Ive already broke wilts 100 game record and smashed jordans playoff records. should i just take this crap back and trade it in ? is it even worth keeping/ so many issue with this game that arent getting fixed, mygm is crap, the park never works, and its just an all around crappy experience. anyone have any insider knowledge of them maybe repairing all these issues this year?
Umm what? Are you serious? They dont make any shots of course cause youre hogging the ball. And stop playing on All Star dude.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #2629
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

This mode has completely died on me. I wanted to experience Free Agency, but there is no such thing. Kind of defeat the purpose of the whole friend Agent Asking you "Who would you like to play in your future?" question.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #2630
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
This mode has completely died on me. I wanted to experience Free Agency, but there is no such thing. Kind of defeat the purpose of the whole friend Agent Asking you "Who would you like to play in your future?" question.
Well...true but the whole point of that question is to provide us with a foolproof method of getting traded to your favorite team lol.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #2631
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
They took away free agency just so when 2k15 comes out, they can make a big deal saying, "Free Agency is Back!!". Same thing with what they did with blocking in 2k13 and 2k14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #2632
Rookie

Hi guys, this is my first post here.
I'm about 40 games into the first season w/ my PG on the Suns. I've started a few games at SG (Bledsoe is at PG). This doesn't really bother me as i'm 6'4 and 78 OVR, as opposed to Bledsoe's 84 OVR.
HOWEVER, I just played a game vs the Pacers where i started at Center vs Hibbert. I just had the second 'bad agent' cutscene and i'm looking at the rotation, where I am playing 41 mins as center.
Any way to fix this, or will it sort itself out? thanks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »