Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #2721
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

so there is no way to use custom rosters in my career?

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #2722
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
I have a question, I'm 60 games into my first season on my Center but the problem is that he is 7 '2'. On HoF simulation 12 minute quarters im putting up 24 ppg 54% from the field 5 assist and 6 rebounds (Have gotten over double digit 10 games in a row) but it gets frustrating having the slugish rebounding animation. I don't know if I start over and lose all of my progress or not. Do you guys think it'd be worth it?

If I do start over heres what I was planning on doing:

PF 6 '11' faceup shooter - Dirkish

PG 6 '4' all around - More like a Rubio

SG 6 '6' Athletic - Tyreke Evans

SF 6 '8' Athletic - Kinda like Iggy I guess

or a C 6 '11' Athletic - Dwight Howard like

I want to do a playstyle that is unique to what most people do. Any comments on which playstyle would be the most fun would be greatly aprecciated!
i would do the Center one because alot of teams need Centers and getting Blocks and Rebounds and Dunking on ppl is real fun and as the Center u control the paint u dont have to worry about no weak inside defense. Perimeter defense will just be the problem

i currently have that exact type of Center drafted 6th ovr to the Pelicans 21ppg
10rpg
3.6bpg

as a sixth man

plus the Trailblazers need a Center at 10th pick

Only thing on the Pelicans they give u and Ryan Anderson more minutes i guess because Eyebrows starts at C even though he is listed as a PF hopefully this changes once i become a starter

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #2723
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemietian
Does this sig let you change points of emphasis, as well as defensive and offensive strategies?
In real life point of emphasis is a coaches decision....so no you wont be able to change that. With calling plays have you all checked settings/options and made sure it is set to manual? I have a SG that plays for the Suns and whenever they put me in to run PG for maybe like 2 to 3 mins I can call all plays offense and defense. to add I do not have on the court coach.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #2724
Rookie

Currently playing the Wizards in the first round and having a tough time defending Wall. The guy just doesn't miss it seems.

Does anyone know if the GM will ask you what players you recommend trying to trade for like in current gen? I'd really like to get some players that will actually shoot the ball on the Bulls instead of pump faking all the time.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #2725
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
You play for the Cavs and got suspended for the Miami game right? Thats why.
Yeah. I figured it out later. Thank you.

I know why my team so bad.. The rotation is just so poor. Andy is getting 7 minutes a game, and Tristan get zero. I really hope something happens soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #2726
Rookie

MYOwNArcHEnemY's Arena

Quick question, I know it's been asked but can't find an answer.. How the hell do you dunk on a regular basis instead of a layup? My kid has 92 dunk and have picked up about 5 signature dunk animations but can't throw down on anyone ever. Only time I dunk is on a break and then it's usually just a weak 2 hander. Is the problem my layup skill is at about 88? Also will posterizer or highlight reel even help, just seems i've wasted enough VC already?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #2727
Rookie

I finally got traded to the Knicks. The Bobcats were so bad, Clifford got fired. I didn't even know that could happen!! Knicks stink too though so I'm still struggling for a playoff spot.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #2728
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOwNArcHEnemY
Quick question, I know it's been asked but can't find an answer.. How the hell do you dunk on a regular basis instead of a layup? My kid has 92 dunk and have picked up about 5 signature dunk animations but can't throw down on anyone ever. Only time I dunk is on a break and then it's usually just a weak 2 hander. Is the problem my layup skill is at about 88? Also will posterizer or highlight reel even help, just seems i've wasted enough VC already?
I noticed if you have posterize and highlight reel attached. It kinda cancels out dunking in traffic. Id stick to posterize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »