Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #2809
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
i cant... 2k has bynum on the bulls for some reason

just means i can request us to go after noah if trade seeking is an option
The reason being that they just traded Deng for Bynum and picks. He's not gonna play a single minute in a Bulls uniform though, and it's ridiculous how highly he's rated in the game. Wouldn't be an issue if he was properly rated.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #2810
Rookie

Anyone else feel like it's way too easy to play big in next gen? I just had a 42 point game with 100 FG%, 23 rebounds, 7 blocks, 6 assists and 3 steals on superstar sim, 8 min quarters. I don't ball hog and I don't call for passes, I only shot the ball or dunked it when I had too good looks to pass up. Really tried to get my teammates involved. My guy's 79 ovr athletic PF, shot ratings are between 70-85. I need sliders in this mode, real bad.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #2811
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
i cant... 2k has bynum on the bulls for some reason

just means i can request us to go after noah if trade seeking is an option
Why not? If you just started it shouldnt be a big deal to start over. Bynum on the Bulls doesnt make any sense. And no, you cant ask to go after players in trades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #2812
Rookie

mepting's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOwNArcHEnemY
I got nike deal at game 65, earned 7K VC Jordan pays 9K.. Kia endorsement never has given me anything for winning 6 of 10 games and sprite just shot me down for some reason. Working on gatorade now, hope it pays.
What's the deal with the KIA challenge? I won 11 of my last 12 games and got nothing. Is there a delay or glitch? Anyone else "eventually" get paid?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #2813
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepting
What's the deal with the KIA challenge? I won 11 of my last 12 games and got nothing. Is there a delay or glitch? Anyone else "eventually" get paid?
Same here, I completed the requirements for the deal but never got anything. It just moved onto the next endorsement and completely forgot about the KIA deal. I've finished the regular season now and still nothing so I'm guessing it's a glitch.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #2814
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
The reason being that they just traded Deng for Bynum and picks. He's not gonna play a single minute in a Bulls uniform though, and it's ridiculous how highly he's rated in the game. Wouldn't be an issue if he was properly rated.
Yeah but the Bulls waived him. Theres no reason why he should be on the Bulls.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #2815
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have an interesting issue / question for those of you that are using PF's or C's in your MyCareer:

I'm using a 7'2", back to the basket C. Doing quite well with him, focused on Post Hook and Post Fadeaway rating first, and have been coming along on the other ones since then. Well, his Post Hook rating is 90, his Shot Close rating is 84 – but he misses the baby hook: Every. Single. Time. Often badly, occasionally airballs it. It's really crazy. Pretty much any other post shot makes and misses at a realistic rate. But that baby hook… seriously, I don't think he's hit a single one. I always intentionally try to avoid even taking that shot if possible, so when I'm backing down and I get too close to the rim, I usually try to take a step back shot instead, since I know that baby hook is not going in.

Is anyone else using a PF or C seeing this at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #2816
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm nearly the end of my 1st season and the standings for the East are:

Miami
Chicago
New York
Detroit
Cleveland
Brooklyn
Indiana
Milwaukee

Before anything, yes it's shocking to see both Detroit and Cleveland back at the playoffs. At this point, I'm trying to get ready for the playoffs and face either Chicago or New York (I really want to face New York, so it can be easier on me as a PG not going up against D.Rose).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »