Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #2817
Pro

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
That's not a freeze, that's a missing text box. I get that for every scrimmage. Just press x and it'll resume action.
Man I hope that's it, redid a new MY Player will find out soon....
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #2818
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefanisu2003
I have an interesting issue / question for those of you that are using PF's or C's in your MyCareer:

I'm using a 7'2", back to the basket C. Doing quite well with him, focused on Post Hook and Post Fadeaway rating first, and have been coming along on the other ones since then. Well, his Post Hook rating is 90, his Shot Close rating is 84 – but he misses the baby hook: Every. Single. Time. Often badly, occasionally airballs it. It's really crazy. Pretty much any other post shot makes and misses at a realistic rate. But that baby hook… seriously, I don't think he's hit a single one. I always intentionally try to avoid even taking that shot if possible, so when I'm backing down and I get too close to the rim, I usually try to take a step back shot instead, since I know that baby hook is not going in.

Is anyone else using a PF or C seeing this at all?
I have a 6'10 C, I usually miss those too and my attributes are roughly the same....it's the timing of the shot release I believe, I think you have to release the button even before your player fully turns. If they would give us a practice mode for my players it would be easier. It's frustrating to have figure things out in actual games.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #2819
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Anyone else feel like it's way too easy to play big in next gen? I just had a 42 point game with 100 FG%, 23 rebounds, 7 blocks, 6 assists and 3 steals on superstar sim, 8 min quarters. I don't ball hog and I don't call for passes, I only shot the ball or dunked it when I had too good looks to pass up. Really tried to get my teammates involved. My guy's 79 ovr athletic PF, shot ratings are between 70-85. I need sliders in this mode, real bad.
It's easier with a big because on sim, they try to get the ball down low more, so you get way more touches, you usually get fouled more so more FT attempts. It's also way easier to get a high teammate grade...I had a PG for 4 seasons and I only got maybe 5 A+ ratings, I'm in my 1st season with a C and already have 35 A+ ratings. But being a C is way more fun, I'm on the Wiz and we are balling, only teams that give us trouble are 3 pt shooting teams, they nullify my superior rim protection.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #2820
Rookie

OVR: 0

My 6"11' PF has a 50 or something hook shot but Ive yet to miss one. I dont get a timing rating on them and it doesnt seem to make a difference how long i hold the button down.

Playing big is great cause you get to impact every play alot, even if youre away from the ball. I just try to stay patient and let the action come to me and theres definitely no shortage on opportunities. I just wish the cpu could defend me better. Love the occasional battles with other premier bigs where its not as easy to just back them down under the rim and slam the ball on their heads.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #2821
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Man I hope that's it, redid a new MY Player will find out soon....
Freaked me out good first time it happened, but its been that way every scrimmage since patch 3. Ive been thru 5-10 scrimmages and pressing x always works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #2822
Pro

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Freaked me out good first time it happened, but its been that way every scrimmage since patch 3. Ive been thru 5-10 scrimmages and pressing x always works.
Thanks buddy , usually get a practice when I have 3 days off in a row on calendar , will let you know
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #2823
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
I'm in March, still at 27 minutes a game (6th man). Since it's past the all-star break, I don't think I've had a single GM meeting or any cutscenes. How the f********** can I get more minutes or into the starting lineup. I still have yet to have the big time agent even approach me yet. Can someone please help? I keep playing game after game, in hopes I will eventually get this new agent so I can get an Adidas endorsement. I do not want nike or Jordan. I'm about he restart this career, the only reason I'm not is because I'm so sick of playing every game to get to this point. It's infuriating.
i might look stupid with this question but just wondering about the goals in teh game that your coach is setting up, whats your success rate? The more you complete it and i think the media challenges too will help you. And of course including the "script" of 2k.

Perhaps you dont complete much of the challenges, both media and coach, and according to 2k script might take it awhile to break to the starting lineup.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #2824
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I need to get back to mine. I haven't played in about a month.

I am a 6' 4" SG drafted by the Suns, and still playing for the Suns. Currently the sixth man. Getting 25 mins a game. I think I am 75 OVR. In early January. Not doing to hot, a few games under .500 if I remember. Last I remember I had the sit down with the dude in the limo trying to steal me away from my current agent. But it ended without me making a decision. There was a patch since I last played. And it seems like this patch broke some things. So not sure if I want to get back to it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »