Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #2857
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Whats yall roster looking like?
Just was traded to the bulls (Pre Bynum/Deng trade) Almost feels like Im cheating now since they won the championship last year without me :-/....thinking about restarting when they giveaway more free vc...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #2858
Yze
Rookie

I'm going crazy I can't get rebounds to save my goddamn life. I had a 6,6PG who got like 6 a game and I made a new 7'0 SF but the animations for tall players are super ****ed, nothing works correctly, and as a result I can't rebound anything at all. Also dunk packages don't seem to work on tall players? I'm getting super sick of just standing there to get rebounded over by point guards etc while my player with a 92 vert does a mini hop. I cba remaking another smaller SF because grinding together the VC to get this guy to an 80+ overall took 2 ****ing days. (Why can't I delete a player to get back the VC invested, it's bull**** honestly )
Old 01-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #2859
Pro

OVR: 6
Question Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman253
So I just got done with my 1st season and sadly I did not win MVP (KD actually won it), but I did won ROTY easily. Got a game against Chicago as the 7th seed and I'm planning on giving the ball to Paul George like 75% of the playoffs.
do you know any good plays for Paul George if you are the PG? I run plays to get him wide open looks, but he always passes them up to pump fake and drive right into the defenders I had gotten him free of. I think its because his drive tendency is so high? they really need to correct this, an open shot should never be turned down by a shooter unless he's ice cold or hurt or something.

I also have trouble getting David West to play like himself. I find pick and pops useless since the middle is always so cluttered and recovery by the AI D is so quick. only 3's and under the rim get wide open in this game. I find the Pacers playbook pretty disappointing after the other teams I have been on! and Hibbert is pretty useless too, too tall to rebound and play D is this game I guess. I wish you could switch team playbooks in this mode like you can switch the plays in the pause menu...
Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #2860
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Man the injuries in my career are just sad. Kobe Bryant tore his meniscus and Pau Gasol was out for the season while Steve Nash announced his retirement. Seems pretty realistic. Norris Cole tore his ACL and Mario Chalmers broke his arm so the Heat have no PGs for the playoffs. We just lost Tiago Splitter to a broken foot so we're playing Boris Diaw at Center for the Spurs. The Thunder are the 1st seed facing a rematch against the 8th seed Rockets and Russell Westbrook has a strained knee and is out for one week.

The worst injury issues happened to the Warriors though. The first time I played against the Warriors we had a triple overtime game where Iggy and Steph went off for 30 and 40 respectively, I had a career high 83 point triple double breaking the Spurs point record set by my boi David Robinson, the Admiral. Anyways, near the end of the game Steph Curry sprained his ankle and got hurt. So about two weeks later and we have a rematch and Curry is coming off the bench with a sprained ankle. However in the second quarter Curry cuts to the basket, plants and falls and the ground and stays there as we get the rebound and head to the break. So Steph Curry tore his ACL and is out for the season. So we finish the season and get the 2nd seed in the West and it turns out we're up against the Steph Curry-less Warriors while David Lee is out for a month. Pretty crazy.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #2861
Just started!

So Coach puts me in 4th quarter and says its my time to shine and bring us back from the deficit. I get a double double (40 pts and, 10 ast) bring us to OT and end up winning. After the game, coach calls me to his office only to say hes disappointed in my performance, hes cutting my minutes and disappointed that we LOST?! Is this scripted? This was the 20th game of the season too. I feel like this goal wouldve made me a starter since i had a similar goal in which i failed and he cut my minutes too.

Sorry if this was asked already, i googled but really couldnt find anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #2862
Pro

OVR: 9

Finished the regular season, my PG won MVP, ROY, and led the league in scoring, assists, and steals.

Averaged 45 a game, with 14 assists and 8 boards. Overall, a really fun season and I'm looking forward to my first round match up with Chicago!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #2863
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiinkle
So Coach puts me in 4th quarter and says its my time to shine and bring us back from the deficit. I get a double double (40 pts and, 10 ast) bring us to OT and end up winning. After the game, coach calls me to his office only to say hes disappointed in my performance, hes cutting my minutes and disappointed that we LOST?! Is this scripted? This was the 20th game of the season too. I feel like this goal wouldve made me a starter since i had a similar goal in which i failed and he cut my minutes too.

Sorry if this was asked already, i googled but really couldnt find anything.
i meant to ask if this has happened to anyone else. lol
Old 01-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #2864
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiinkle
i meant to ask if this has happened to anyone else. lol
yea it is scripted. doesnt change when you become started there. Wont get the chance to start until about game 60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »