Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #2873
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

You are the first person I've ever seen that started before the 60 game mark. Seriously.
I have been starting since December or earlier, I have to check. You have to always choose happy for the gm, do the important coach goals without failing, no matter what.. Get your teammate and local fans in the high 90s.

Here are a list of choices I made, possibly determining my early starting position:

Carry the luggage, don't wear the clown nose
Pass the ball over and over to the person they ask you to, that one game
Don't get tossed out of the game for arguing calls
Don't let the rumors get under your skin
Whatever dynamic goal the coach gives you to prove yourself, complete it with flying colors and your minutes per game will keep increasing
Beat Jackson Ellis at everything, every dynamic goal
When your coach says he's gonna put you in the starting line up, don't say "it's about time", choose the humble approach.. Something like "it's up to you, coach"
When your gm says the coach wants to put you in the line up, be humble
When the coach says he was gonna start you but decided to wait a few more games to make sure you're ready to start, be humble

Soon after that, you will start your first game.. Which you still have to prove yourself to fully secure that slot.

Anyway, I've been starting much before the ASG, and I'll post SS later if needed.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #2874
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay I'm in March of my second season and I play mostly key games. I turned down the big agent a while ago and have to get jordan or nike from my friend. Am I not being patient or what?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #2875
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty

Anyway, I've been starting much before the ASG, and I'll post SS later if needed.
I believe you. No reason to waste your time with that SS. I was just surprised it was even possible to start that early. I figured it was all scripted to have to wait. Good to know it isn't completely like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #2876
Pro

I started 22 games in, and have started every game since then.

It happened shortly after my ankle injury, the coach asked me to prove myself.. And I did.

Here are two important things to equip during that injury.

Hardened, I always equip this. Even when not injured. It helps you play through injuries and fatigue without much of a attribute penalty deduction

Gatorade perform pack is very important during these injury games. Without it, your stamina will be nearly empty, you will run slow and play horrible.

Prepare for the intense scripting though. This is just a guide for those of you just beginning, and not pass that point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (358.9 KB, 96 views)
Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #2877
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduke30
I just got drafted by the kings today had 31/5/8 as athletic pg and I said win at all costs and the answers I used on th personality test was
1.no
2.yes
3.defense
4.coach calls the plays
5.yes
Got interviewed by suns and pelicans I answered indifferent to suns and shot down pelicans and ended up drafted by the kings
I assuming you got an A+
and who did you pick as your favorite team?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #2878
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
do you know any good plays for Paul George if you are the PG? I run plays to get him wide open looks, but he always passes them up to pump fake and drive right into the defenders I had gotten him free of. I think its because his drive tendency is so high? they really need to correct this, an open shot should never be turned down by a shooter unless he's ice cold or hurt or something.

I also have trouble getting David West to play like himself. I find pick and pops useless since the middle is always so cluttered and recovery by the AI D is so quick. only 3's and under the rim get wide open in this game. I find the Pacers playbook pretty disappointing after the other teams I have been on! and Hibbert is pretty useless too, too tall to rebound and play D is this game I guess. I wish you could switch team playbooks in this mode like you can switch the plays in the pause menu...
Press L1/LB to open the playbook, select PG24, go to page 2 and select X/A; it's a 3-point play and 8/10 times he either takes the shot or drives up and passes the ball to either Hibbert/West/Granger; that play helps me bunch of times whenever he struggling or not scoring enough points.

As for David West, I just use Pick and Roll (I have Pick and Roll Maestro) and bait the other team and wait for West to drive the basket.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #2879
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

How do you catch an alley oop?

I have on court coach, so i always call for them, and my guy NEVER catches it, am i doing some wrong?

Also on a sidenote, i never got the sidekick scene and my first season is about to end.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #2880
Banned

Can anyone tells me what happens if you go with the new agent? I stuck with the friend agent. Just interested to see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »