Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #2897
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So basically, if you don't complete your dynamic goals you just don't advance up the roster?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #2898
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
In early February and finally traded to the Lakers. Big thanks to Sir Duke for the instructions, and the other guy who discovered the trick. Im immediately greeted by Kobe whos asking me to be his sidekick, which i happily agreed to. Seems the game accurately deemed noone on the Kings worthy of having a sidekick.

Not all is well though. Kobes injured and 2-4 weeks out, and theyve got me starting at the 3. I wouldnt mind sliding to the C position to team up with Gasol on the block, but the 3 is going to be a challenge. Once Kobes back i expect Young to start at the 3 and Kaman put on the bench, with me either at PF or C.

Got my work cut out for me dragging this team to the playoffs, as theyve started the season horribly.
...was asked to be D.Cousins sidekick(launch rosters).
Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #2899
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
So basically, if you don't complete your dynamic goals you just don't advance up the roster?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. I think after 60 games, you get the roster spot.

After every game, there's a post game stat sheet that lets you know who's getting the most minutes and what their roles are. Here you'll see that you start as a prospect, your minute bar all the way to the left. As you play, and complete the goals, your minute bar fills up and your role does as well. I went from Peospect, to sixth man to starter.. Never landed on bench warmer.

If you see that you're getting more minutes every game, you're well on your way to become a starter.

Try getting A's and A+'s. The coach will call you into his office, telling you he's enjoying your level of play, to keep it up for more minutes.

I thought my game was glitched because I saw this cutscene, in different scenarios, almost every game I got an A and above, until I finally got the starting spot.

Getting an A+ almost definitely needs 7 min quarters minimum on Superstar, for me.

Good luck
Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #2900
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Not necessarily. I think after 60 games, you get the roster spot.

After every game, there's a post game stat sheet that lets you know who's getting the most minutes and what their roles are. Here you'll see that you start as a prospect, your minute bar all the way to the left. As you play, and complete the goals, your minute bar fills up and your role does as well. I went from Peospect, to sixth man to starter.. Never landed on bench warmer.

If you see that you're getting more minutes every game, you're well on your way to become a starter.

Try getting A's and A+'s. The coach will call you into his office, telling you he's enjoying your level of play, to keep it up for more minutes.

I thought my game was glitched because I saw this cutscene, in different scenarios, almost every game I got an A and above, until I finally got the starting spot.

Getting an A+ almost definitely needs 7 min quarters minimum on Superstar, for me.

Good luck
The dynamic goals are really only necessary for the VC, theres only a few times where they're related to the cutscenes but dynamic goals are in no way related to how your progress in My Career. Your progression is all based on performance. You never went to bench warmer because the difference between bench warmer/role player and prospect is based on ratings. It doesnt matter anyways.

You should get the starting spot after 30 games or so in January. The majority of people get a starting spot around this point. Im not sure why there are people who have to wait till 60 games in though. Seems like something in their My Career didnt activate correctly.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #2901
Rookie

This happened to me. I think it had to do with missing the scripted game winning shot after being subbed out most of the 4th quarter. That was around game 30ish. I just finally started my first game, about 8 games before the playoffs. I thought my career was glitched or something. Glad to see it's not; although it was getting very frustrating.

Now that I'm finally starting, I should have the big time agent approach me within the next few games, and then I can get my shoe game going I've been wearing these generics way too long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #2902
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I would just like to be able to play the game.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #2903
Rookie

Oh for crying out loud... First game on the Lakers and I can only play for one minute before getting CE crash. Just spent a boatload of saved up VC on attributes and gear, obviously related. Why the **** isnt gear available offline? What in the hell possessed them to take out saving rosters to hd? I wouldnt think twice about playing this mode offline if it didnt have half the features removed. ****ing always online VC bull****.

Last edited by b0ck3n; 01-11-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #2904
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Anyone know how to complete alley oops?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »