Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #2929
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProCanadian
I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of variety for the dialogue/cutscenes after you talk to the GM to see how the team is doing. If we have one more conversation about bob from maitinence I swear.....
He must be like a thousand yrs old
Old 01-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #2930
Rookie

TheProCanadian's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
He must be like a thousand yrs old
Yeah by my count he's had 6 birthdays in the past 3 months
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #2931
Rookie

AckAttack's Arena

Ok, a lot of stuff to share here, I started my first save file a few days after picking up the game on release day. I got drafted to the Kings and I started playing for a straight month. However, my VC earned in this file was restricted to this file and was not able to be universal. This file got corrupted somehow and I was forced to restart. After opening a new file(and going through the rookie cutscenes), I got drafted to the Jazz. I also had access to the store, which I didn't in my previous file, and the VC i earned was universal. I signed with Nike and got all their shoes. I created a custom shoe, and got the Lebron 11 Code. I ended up sweeping the Heat in the Finals.
Spoiler
Right now I'm still playing and still enjoying the mode. However, I think 2K only developed the cutscenes for your rookie year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 12:54 AM   #2932
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Loll really? Sounds a bit ridiculous.

Thanks though, i'll give it a try
Yeah it is ridiculous but its true. The reason for this is because your Alley Oop tendency when you start out is either zero or ridiculously. If you throw an alley oop to yourself then it automatically raises your alley tendency so you can start calling for them. Supposedly thats why it works. I dont even bothet with alley oops so whatever lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #2933
Rookie

Sir Duke 27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toragzfrom
anyone else didnt get the KIA endorsement ? where your friend agent tells you that you will get the endorsement if I win 6 of the next 10. I ended up winning all 10 and I just get a cutscene to choose between sprite(Bigger deal,later) and sprint(Smaller deal,right now). I chose sprite. Wondering when and if do you get the KIA endorsement or is it glitched like many other things in this mode ?
Yeah I had this same issue. I never got the Kia endorsement, it was never mentioned again and neither was thr Gatorade endorsement. Im in the first round of the playoffs right now so I guess Ill just have to see if this changes. The Sprite deal fell through for me. I guess my agent f***ed up. Smh.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #2934
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Started an Ath PF. Started my first game in the first week of January. Replaced Cody Zeller. What gets me is that has been dropped down with a status of Prospect and given 11 minutes! One day you're starting and the next you have a third of the number of minutes you had. Would think he'd be at list a Sixth Man or The next one down.

Leading all rookies in almost all stats except assists and steals. Any chance I might make the ASG?

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #2935
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

Alley Oops wise, it's true. You have to give yourself a selfie before you can call for oops. Even after that unless the conditions are perfect your teammates won't throw you an oop. After I got On Court Coach however, you can call for an oop whenever you want. Though I do hav a question for ppl. Has anyone had any success calling plays in Mycareer? I got On court coach for oops and to call plays bc my player is a SF, but whenever I call up the play menu and press a button to select a play it doesn't work. If I press Square my guy hucks up a half-court prayer and any other button just flat out doesn't work. It's frustrating on HOF bc it's hard enough to get your teammates to hit shots and don't even get me started on your teammates perimeter 3 point defense

Trade logics kind of strange too. When I saw that the Celts were #1 on the interest list, I immediately requested a trade but 5 trades in and I'm still not on the Celtics. Of course I am averaging 50.1 ppg so I guess every team wants me.

By the way my Bob will be turning 95 this week
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #2936
Rookie

TheProCanadian's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Started an Ath PF. Started my first game in the first week of January. Replaced Cody Zeller. What gets me is that has been dropped down with a status of Prospect and given 11 minutes! One day you're starting and the next you have a third of the number of minutes you had. Would think he'd be at list a Sixth Man or The next one down.

Leading all rookies in almost all stats except assists and steals. Any chance I might make the ASG?
If you go to NBA(dot)com on your MyCareer menu and hover over the schedule in the bottom middle you can then press Y a couple teams and that'll show you the All-Star voting for the top 5 players for each position by conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »