Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #2937
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProCanadian
If you go to NBA(dot)com on your MyCareer menu and hover over the schedule in the bottom middle you can then press Y a couple teams and that'll show you the All-Star voting for the top 5 players for each position by conference.
Cool. Thanks.

So is it the game or my old age reflexes that cause me jump a full second and a half, half the time I go up for a block? One time I hit the button for a block close to the basket, shot was made and the the guy got the ball in his hands to inbound it when the animation went for my block.

Also, what skill do I need to raise so that I am not flying past the man I'm guarding, just by tapping the stick? Seems like I'm running through molasses when I'm trying to defend someone.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #2938
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just finished beating the Bulls in 4 games of the playoffs. The next team we get to face is surprisingly the Pistons, I think it's going to be good for us, because we beat the Pistons twice since moving to Indiana and they don't have any closers to help them out at the fourth.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #2939
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersMeeks
How come I'm not a starter yet? It's February 13th as of typing this. I've been selected for the Allstar game and I'm playing amazing. Avg 26ppg 4.5ast and 2.3 rebs and i'm still sixth man for the Lakers.

I was drafted by Pistons and played with them until 25th December, then I traded to Warriors and played for them until 29th January and Now I play for Lakers who i'm sticking with, not had the cutscene where I start though?
It is because team chemistry. Had you stayed at t he team you were drafted to the. Chemistry would be budding but when you go to a new team it is like starting all over again. It even takes a while when sticking with the team so I can starting over twice. I got traded asap and it took a while for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
I grinded on a Brickhouse build for most of the night. I used the bronze Hot Start and bronze Worm badges. The Box was Hall Of Fame so I decided to use HOF Backdown Punisher and Pogo Stick. As a Volume Shooter I went with Gold Slithery, Relentless Finisher and Gold Dream Shake.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 01-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #2940
Rookie

OVR: 0

So i won MVP ROTY but no cutscenes or story line for the awards. I wouldnt even know i won if i didnt check the nba today screen. Thats dumb
Old 01-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #2941
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBusinessB
So i won MVP ROTY but no cutscenes or story line for the awards. I wouldnt even know i won if i didnt check the nba today screen. Thats dumb
how you wish that there are scripted scenes for this since myC is full of it in your 1st year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #2942
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just finished my first season with the Jazz, finished 34-48. I won Rookie of the Year with 19/6/4 on 50% shooting, only 24$ from three though, mainly a slasher. Jackson Ellis was made I beat his stellar 12/2/0 statline for rookie of the year and challenged me one-on-one, in which I beat him 20-8 (Who plays to 20?)

I was hoping that with the Jazz might bring is some talent in the offseason, considering they have a ton of cap space considering Biedrins, Marvin Williams and Brandon Rush (all useless players, practically) were coming off the books. But instead, they signed those three scrubs to 4-5 year deals and drafted two POS rookies (one ranked 62, the other 58).

Sigh. If we don't have at least a .500 record through the all star break, I might have to request a trade even though it's something I don't really want to do, but this is bad. We're 29th in power rankings and I'm the highest rated player on the team at 82.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #2943
Pro

OVR: 9

How exactly does one throw an alley oop? There is no manual anywhere!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #2944
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
How exactly does one throw an alley oop? There is no manual anywhere!
Hold down L2/Left Trigger and then press Square/X when a teammate is streaking to the basket.

Has anyone had any luck calling plays in mycareer? I have on court coach but whenever I bring up the menu and push a button to call a play, it doesn't work. Depending on the button I press my player will just act like the playcall menu is not up. For example, when I press Square to call a horns play, my SF just shoots the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »