Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #2945
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

In theory, with an offline MyCareer, should I be protected from the ******** glitch? My online one is glitched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 01-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #2946
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtsfan1275
Hold down L2/Left Trigger and then press Square/X when a teammate is streaking to the basket.

Has anyone had any luck calling plays in mycareer? I have on court coach but whenever I bring up the menu and push a button to call a play, it doesn't work. Depending on the button I press my player will just act like the playcall menu is not up. For example, when I press Square to call a horns play, my SF just shoots the ball.
I have on court coach sig too, and play calling doesn't work.

You can call quick plays like iso and post up but that's it

Old 01-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #2947
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I have on court coach sig too, and play calling doesn't work.

You can call quick plays like iso and post up but that's it
Yeah same here, wish i knew earlier i was planning on running plays with my sg in season 2 but now i cant and wasted my time.

Also i cant make my 6'9 point forward magic johnson type as he needs to be able to run the show. Killing the mode for me.

That and the fact that my gm doesnt ask me for trade target advice
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #2948
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
Yeah same here, wish i knew earlier i was planning on running plays with my sg in season 2 but now i cant and wasted my time.

Also i cant make my 6'9 point forward magic johnson type as he needs to be able to run the show. Killing the mode for me.

That and the fact that my gm doesnt ask me for trade target advice
Yeah it sucks. Though at least my teammates throw me oops now. As for the trade advice don't feel too bad. My GM asks me for target advice but I have yet to be traded to any of my target teams or teams that are interested in me.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #2949
Rookie

I am so mad right now. Im a sg and got drafted by the kings and we start the season off 17-0(I play on Superstar, Simulation). I know we can't go undefeated for the season but idk I want to go as long as possible. So we are playing the Mavs and we do well in the first half. I had 10 points, 8 ast and 4 reb coming into the third and Rudy Gay was actually hitting his shots. Then they start going on a run and it's tied at 72. Then I get subbed out with 8 min left and here comes the bs. Quincy Acy does not do ANYTHING on offense. He literally sits either on the left or right wing and does nothing. He's a power forward; Why is he not in the post? If I pass him the ball, I get the bad pass selection and he gives it right back 3 seconds later. I get subbed in, we are down by 12 and i get the goal "Bring us back" or w/e it is. I was able to shut Monta down thankfully but Dirk and the Matrix were hitting their shots. Down 2 with 10 seconds left I look to go for the win but the double team forces me to take a two and i hit it to send it to OT. I was so pumped

OT- And this is where i got frustrated. I kept getting double teamed and I tried passing it to Rudy Gay hoping he can make a shot but ofc he turns back into the old jack up shots and miss guy. I'm only able to score 4 points and when it was 2 min left in OT i was gassed so I couldn't make any shots. The streak is ended and I'm so mad. I thought about staying because of the streak but now since it is over I'm ready to go to the Bulls.

After the game I get a cutscene with the coach. He praised me for bringing us back and said I was going to get some more minutes but still on 28 as always. Then I get the cutscene with my agent going over trades, endorsements, etc. Sorry for the rant.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #2950
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Suns just shot 85% from 3pt land the entire game against me. Funny that they never made any of the open 3pt looks I gave them when I was a part of that team. No wait. That's not funny. It's just how this game works. Your team can't make anything and the opponent makes unreal percentages.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #2951
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

So I had something interesting happen today. We're playing the Spurs, and Tony Parker is shooting free throws. Then, all of a sudden, Marco Belinelli just shoves O.J. Mayo out of bounds for no reason whatsoever. The game gave me the option to go stand up for Mayo or sit back and let the refs handle it, and I chose option two. The announcers admonished me for not standing up for my teammate, and the game went on. It was bizarre.

Surprisingly, we held off San Antonio, 107-100. My Bucks are now 7-15, 12th in the East. I'm averaging 22 PPG and my coach still treats me like I'm a scrub. If he keeps acting like this I'm going to demand a trade. My minutes are irregular, I get blamed for stuff that's not my fault, it's just irritating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #2952
Rookie

Just finished my first season. 24 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds as a SG. Jackson Ellis won ROY. We got knocked out in the second round to the Clippers who did whatever they wanted on the court. I beat Ellis in 1 on 1.

Started off my second season finally getting the adidas endorsement. First game of the year was a key game against the Jazz. Why the Jazz? Because apparently Lebron signed with Utah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »