Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #3017
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajoyner41
Ok so I've heard multiple times that there is free agency and I've heard multiple times that there isn't. Can anyone confirm or deny if there is free agency?
There isn't any FA period for your character. I've already sims games to my 6 or 7 season and i have yet seen any sign of FA. Your contract still will say a 2 yrs worth 0 VC.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #3018
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakarr0t
http://youtu.be/8l6PPOyE3Co?t=8m6s
Thats the cutscene when you go with the big agent.
If you stay with your friend, you get nike and jordan around playoff time. You can get sprint but probably not sprite. Most people haven't gotten kia with him. It's probably more stuff but this is all I can think of. I'm debating on whether or not to go with the big agent or not. I would love to wear adidas but they only have 2 good shoes that I really like. Nike has more shoes I can wear but I've always gone with them. Jordan is in the middle. I'll definitely leave my agent if everything in the team shop is free when you sign with adidas(probably isn't). If not I think I'll sign with adidas. Idk its 50/50 for me.
I got my jordan deal 65 games in after staying with the friend, and then i got my sig shoe 81 games in.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #3019
Rookie

goduke30's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakarr0t
http://youtu.be/8l6PPOyE3Co?t=8m6s
Thats the cutscene when you go with the big agent.
If you stay with your friend, you get nike and jordan around playoff time. You can get sprint but probably not sprite. Most people haven't gotten kia with him. It's probably more stuff but this is all I can think of. I'm debating on whether or not to go with the big agent or not. I would love to wear adidas but they only have 2 good shoes that I really like. Nike has more shoes I can wear but I've always gone with them. Jordan is in the middle. I'll definitely leave my agent if everything in the team shop is free when you sign with adidas(probably isn't). If not I think I'll sign with adidas. Idk its 50/50 for me.
You can switch in the 2nd season
Old 01-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #3020
Rookie

celtsfan1275's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
There isn't any FA period for your character. I've already sims games to my 6 or 7 season and i have yet seen any sign of FA. Your contract still will say a 2 yrs worth 0 VC.
Is there really no free agency for Mycareer? If so then this is ridiculous. NBA 2k13 was perfect. No server problems, plays worked 90% of the time, trades and free agency made sense and your GM would take into account your requested teams where you could get to your favorite within 3 trades or less, and the AI was much much better. No having to throw yourself a selfie in order to call for alley oops or save up 10,000 VC to buy on-court coach.

Not that NBA 2K14's terrible, the gameplay is the best it's ever been as well as the graphics. It's just the small details that the Devs don't seem to care about bc they are too worried about servers in order to collect on VC deals.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #3021
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
You should take a picture of how you are that far in your mycareer and there is no fa and tweet it to ronnie2k. I don't think there can be anything done but he should know that this is a major issue. I'm not sure why they just didn't take cg's fa and copy paste it into next gen. It was nothing wrong with it when I finally did get to fa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #3022
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
Man that is totally jacked up... This number looks ridiculous... I had 30 which has sentimental value to me.. They could've given me 32 or 34 or something like that... They gave me 15 on a 260 lbs PF... This is insane! BTW, I used your method... Thanks!!!
15 is a great looking number! Melo and VC used to wear it, and alot of bigs wear it now (Bennett, Cousins, Favors, Horford, Marcus Morris etc). You could've ended up with something way worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsgot86
Ok thanks I got a PG I'm at 35 games I'll see after a couple more games quick question you got before closer or swagger?? cause I just got swagger!
I got Closer after Swagger. I'm not sure but I think both are related to your amount of national fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
PG is by far the crapiest position to play unless you go on a team that actually has a bunch of JR smith's or you have a mic to yell out the voice commands for them to shoot the ball
Pressing the shot button when a teammate has the ball calls for them to shoot, right? That's what I always do when I get one of my teammates open with the ball, seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Augustin-14
So the day the PS4 came out i made a mycareer and i ended up choosing jordan brand and im in my 2nd season and i still only have generic shoes how do i change this...please dont tell me i need to start all over
Early, pre-patch MyCareers have lots of problems. I'm sorry to tell you you probably don't have a choice but to start over. You will not be able to wear branded shoes in your current career.

Last edited by b0ck3n; 01-14-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #3023
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
So you started it after patch 3?
No before

these_handz ... ps4
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #3024
Rookie

Ok now my game won't plat at all I'm going to delete everything n hopefully if works when I redownload it after work if not taking this **** back to game stop

these_handz ... ps4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »