Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #3097
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I'm so frustrated right now...

So my Bucks are in Dallas, facing the Mavericks. Since my last update, we got waxed by Chicago, and I was looking for a good bounce-back game.

After a long, hard-fought battle, the game was tied at 105. Dallas called timeout with about 10 seconds left. While I was focused on Monta Ellis, my teammates let Dirk walk into a layup to take the lead with 5.1 seconds to go. I waited for our timeout (we had two left)... and nothing happened. The coach didn't call timeout. I quickly tried to roll the ball in for the inbound and, naturally, it hit Gary Neal's foot. I called feverishly for the ball and ended up missing a desperation 30-footer at the buzzer. Game over. Another terrible loss.

This game is difficult enough without the CPU screwing me over at every opportunity. It's insane. At least, when this happened in 2K13, you could call timeout yourself to try to save the game. Now, you just watch as the CPU makes moronic decisions again and again. Ugh.

Last edited by malowry; 01-16-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #3098
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I played a whole game and got kicked out

Here's an update from Ronnie, great lol,
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #3099
Pro

lolersaurus's Arena

OVR: 1

Yayyyy 10-14 day process -.- could at least just give the xb1 users a hot fix for MyCareer WE JUST WANT TO PLAY!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #3100
Rookie

Just had a cutscene where Lebron wanted to team up to play on the same team. Hes just signed with the Lakers and that was the team where i wanted to go after the rookie showcase.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #3101
Rookie

dreamweaver7's Arena

When looking at my guy's rookie contract, it says 2 years/1,000 VC. When is the soonest that we get a chance to get a better deal? Will we get to be a free agent or does the team have an option on you or something?

I made a big PG (6'5") to be able to triple double. Working out fine, was drafted to Utah and I've ended up carrying the team to a 3rd seed. Briefly considered trying to get traded to my hometown team (Indy) but thought that it would be unrealistic so I want to stay put with the Jazz until free agency.

As an aside, my team was terrible on defense until my guy finally got the Defensive Anchor badge. Using that along with Cool and Collected and Alpha Dog has improved the team overall, now we're just bad lol. At least Favors and Kanter are blocking more. But their rebounding is still horrific. We give up at least 8 offensive rebounds a game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #3102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I'm so frustrated right now...

So my Bucks are in Dallas, facing the Mavericks. Since my last update, we got waxed by Chicago, and I was looking for a good bounce-back game.

After a long, hard-fought battle, the game was tied at 105. Dallas called timeout with about 10 seconds left. While I was focused on Monta Ellis, my teammates let Dirk walk into a layup to take the lead with 5.1 seconds to go. I waited for our timeout (we had two left)... and nothing happened. The coach didn't call timeout. I quickly tried to roll the ball in for the inbound and, naturally, it hit Gary Neal's foot. I called feverishly for the ball and ended up missing a desperation 30-footer at the buzzer. Game over. Another terrible loss.

This game is difficult enough without the CPU screwing me over at every opportunity. It's insane. At least, when this happened in 2K13, you could call timeout yourself to try to save the game. Now, you just watch as the CPU makes moronic decisions again and again. Ugh.
Timeout: PS4 L1+R1, XBone Lb+Rb
Old 01-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #3103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver7
When looking at my guy's rookie contract, it says 2 years/1,000 VC. When is the soonest that we get a chance to get a better deal? Will we get to be a free agent or does the team have an option on you or something?

I made a big PG (6'5") to be able to triple double. Working out fine, was drafted to Utah and I've ended up carrying the team to a 3rd seed. Briefly considered trying to get traded to my hometown team (Indy) but thought that it would be unrealistic so I want to stay put with the Jazz until free agency.

As an aside, my team was terrible on defense until my guy finally got the Defensive Anchor badge. Using that along with Cool and Collected and Alpha Dog has improved the team overall, now we're just bad lol. At least Favors and Kanter are blocking more. But their rebounding is still horrific. We give up at least 8 offensive rebounds a game...
No free agency as of yet (including team options the first opportunity to test free agency would be in year 5), no word on whether it'll be fixed in patch #4 which is soon to drop. Even if it is addressed in patch #4 I'm not sure it'll fix existing careers, or only affect new ones.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #3104
Rookie

UNcmon's Arena

Can someone help me with this. If I buy some sneakers from the myplayer store, will I be able to equip them without a shoe endorsement?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »